• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Horse-drawn Wagon with Zwillinglaffette 36

Have you seen this product Duke?

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/treemendus/tree-canopy

Ant (owner of Treemendus) is one of our Masters.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/list-of-the-masters/46-anthony-reeves/81-how-to-build-a-tree

Well that explains why I've heard of that company! LOL! :blush: :S

Thanks for the info. Once I get a little money rolling in, I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, this horse's tail is done. Hopefully today I'll be able to get some more progress done.

Okay, it's been awhile, but I have finally gotten a little more done on this project. After filling in the bad sinkholes on these two, I re-painted them up in a basic coat first. As suggested, I painted one of the horses in a different color so they wouldn't look like clones. I decided to do something challenging: I made it a dapple-grey. It didn't turn out as good as I was hoping for, but it does look different. Close enough for government work:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIIa.jpg

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIIb.jpg

Here are the two horses side by side:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIIc.jpg

After that, I repainted the carriages in a darker grey basecoat. Now to detail them out. Here they are sitting with the two horses:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIII.jpg

This little thing is coming along. I may have to get a base for this so these horses won't keep falling down.

That's all I've got so far. Thanks for looking; comments are welcome.

Okay, just a small Christmas update for this Christmas Eve. I didn't get too much done, but I wanted to show something.

Here is my horse drawn machine gun trailer. I did a little dry-brushing and preliminary weathering and added a little P/E to it:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIVa.jpg

Here it is with the horses:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XIVb.jpg

Since then, both the horses and the wagons have been given a wash.

Okay, as I said; a small update for now. Maybe after Christmas when things slow down a little, I'll be able to finish some of these models. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Here's a little more progress on this little wagon.

I finally got almost all the P/E on this model:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XV.jpg

After this I realized I needed to do a base for this since I need to glue the horses to something before I could add the reigns. Gee, what to use? Hmmm.... there was a section of 1/8" thick plastic card sitting there, so I cut a section; shaped it, then added some "landscaping":

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XVi.jpg

I haven't dumped the loose flocking off that yet. I should be able to get that done in a day or so. I'm so close to finishing this I can taste it!

Thanks Roman! Yeah, it is tiny, and I wish I could do a better job on it, but it is looking well enough for now. I hope to have this done in a few days.

Thanks guys! It was hard getting some of these small P/E pieces to go on successfully. I'm glad I finally got them on there. Now to finish this little model.

This is the Infantry Horse Drawn Wagon with Zwillingslafette 36 finally completed. It does still look a bit crude, but I did my best on it. I'm glad it is finally done; this thing is so delicate and fragile:

German_Inf_5Type_36_Horse_Drawn_Wagon_I.jpg

German_Inf_5Type_36_Horse_Drawn_Wagon_II.jpg

Here is a little closeup showing the machine guns and the P/E aiming reticle that was in two pieces and was a real bear to complete!

German_Inf_5Type_36_Horse_Drawn_Wagon_III.jpg

There it is. Now I can collect my ribbon!

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back