• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German Horse-drawn Wagon with Zwillinglaffette 36

Duke Maddog

Okay, here is my start pics for this campaign. I'm building the German German Horse-drawn Wagon with Zwillinglaffette 36 IF-5 (Boy is that a mouthful!)

Here's the shot of the kit with the date/time stamp:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Ia.jpg

And a closeup of the date/time stamp so you an see it more clearly:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Ib.jpg

Okay, the first thing I did was to assemble the horses... well, try to assemble the horses. The fit was outrageous, it was amazing to get some seams to actually meet! Here's what I had to deal with:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_III.jpg

You've heard of the Headless Horseman? Well, here's his horse.....

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_II.jpg

After getting the horses together with their heads, I assembled the two parts of the cart what hauls the gun and crew:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_IV.jpg

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_V.jpg

You can see they went together quite well. Nice job Alexey!

Later on, I went back and filled in and sanded the main gaps and holes in the horses.. They are starting to look pretty good right now:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_VI.jpg

That's as far as I got to this point. Stay tuned for more!

To bad i can't send you some more spackel but i send you some :zen :zen :zen :zen
Interesting model and i think you done a great job so far!
Always nice to see something elses than tanks and planes and boats (y)
//Mats

Thanks guys! This has been a fun little project, although I'm kinda dreading the machine gun assembly. I'll get it done though.

Thanks for the offer for more Spackle Mats, but it looks like I had just enough for those horses. You gotta love Mr. Surfacer 500!

Well, here is my latest progress on this little model for this Campaign. Not too much was done, but then again, I was working on seven other models along with this one. :blush:

I assembled the twin guns and carriage for the horse-drawn cart. I also added some other detail parts to the two carts. The gun carriage was a tricky assembly; it was a bear trying to get it all lined up right:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_VII.jpg

Here it is dry-fit to the pedestal inside the trailer:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_VIII.jpg

I see the one horse has lost his tail. Gonna have to try and fabricate one.

And that completes my update for these past three days. It ain't much, but I'm trying to improve a little while still having fun. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get some paint done on this.

Until then, thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

You could use hair from a wig to do the tail,Mark.Or use a piece of sprue and work it into shape:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fettes-figure-forum/86005-of-boy-and-horse?start=36#97949

Looking forward to the next steps. :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for these great suggestions guys! I think I'll try the sprue idea first since I haven't any milliput. I've got it on the list of things to get though.

Thanks for the link Ron, that will help alot.

So here is my latest progress on my "First Blood" Campaign project.

Last time I was working on this; I lost one horse's tail. So, the first thing I did was to shoot a coat of grey over the wagon parts and set them aside to dry:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_IX.jpg

I realized I used the wrong color grey on this. I need to shoot a new coat of the Panzer dark Grey, then use this grey to modularize the color. I'll get on that soon.

Next, while the paint was drying on the wagon; I pondered what to do about the horse's missing tail. Then I found a piece of sprue that had a bent piece where the corner was at the end. So, I carved that down to a more slender piece at the bend and down the sprue a bit. I then dipped the carved section in some Tamiya Extra Thin cement for a minute or three until the surface was soft enough. Meanwhile, I found a Dremel bit that would work well at what I wanted to do. After pulling the softened plastic
out of the glue; I ran the serrated edge of the bit down the softened part of the sprue to make wavy grooves. Here is a pic of the result with the glue, sprue and Dremel bit:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Xa.jpg

A closer look at the new 'tail'. It's kind of hard to see given the white plastic, but I think it looks pretty good:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Xb.jpg

Later I drilled a new 'arsehole' for the horse to make the tail fit more firmly:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Xc.jpg

After adding the new tail, I did some preliminary painting of the horses; adding some detail and experimenting with their coats a bit. Here is a shot of the two horses; the one showing off his new tail:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Xd.jpg

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_Xe.jpg

And for fun, here is a mock-up of the machine gun wagon and hitch with the two horses:

WIP_FirstBlood_GB_XI.jpg

This one is coming along well and will hopefully be finished soon. I did some more painting of the horses and have noticed a few shrink marks that need to be filled before I can do the final painting; but at least I have an idea of what to do now.

And that concludes my update for this week. Thanks all for stopping in to check this out. Feel free to leave comments; they are always welcome.

the only thing I would suggest is change the colors of one of the horses, they look like clones.

:popcorn

Sounds like some good advice MP. I'll do that. I was practicing on them and just got carried away with the same colors! LOL!

I think someone had posted that or something else from that company as well. It isn't particularly available locally, so I used what I could find on my bench. Thank you though; I shall keep them in mind in case money starts coming in again.

Have you seen this product Duke?

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/treemendus/tree-canopy

Ant (owner of Treemendus) is one of our Masters.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/list-of-the-masters/46-anthony-reeves/81-how-to-build-a-tree

Back