• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker Eindecker

So I thought...I got the wings up next. Going to paint them and install, since the top cowling stuff is still just dry fitted I"m going to work bottom up and rig the underside of the wings and landing gear then flip'er over and do the top side. I'm sure once I get going it'll be a snap...SNAP!!!! NOOO!!!! :rotf

Wow, looks like a big hurdle was jumped but all I did was attach the wings.

AlcladII Aqua Clear Coat on for the decals.

Mixes of Buff, Dark Yellow and Nato Black for the CDL. Not going to take that too much further, got to weather up the entire bird before doing the rigging.

h0120478.jpg

hope you like it!

Phil those Oberursel motors were a total loss oil system, there was oil slinging everywhere, weathering hasn't even started bud! :evil:

Realized last night I hadn't even started on the tailplane, rudder and elevator are painted, there's so much potential there for some hyper detail by replacing the single piece elevator with brass and stuff but it would be time consuming.

Still wish someone would offer some brass control horns. Trying to drill out the horns on the elevator is not as easy as you'd think. Sitting here thinking about it, I may take a razor saw, cut down the length and slip in what I use to attach the turnbuckle then seal it back up with some CA. :hmmm

This is what I had in mind with the slit, but further review...
hae5eeb9.JPG

I should have kept my mouth shut, could this be the makings of brass control horns? :hmmm

hcc87962.JPG

Got something odd with the decals,

h2f0e558.jpg

like they got burned up or something. Hope another gloss coat will even it out. May just go ahead and patch it with some white decal that's extra. This is on the underside of the wing so shouldn't be noticeable but still.

My she's gotten colorful.

h8e10512.jpg

h8689ffb.JPG

h41780e6.JPG

Well...whatcha think?

Back