• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Blood - September 1939

Cool. I just picked up a model at the nationals that would fit right in. It's a horse-drawn machine gun wagon that was used by the Germans. I can't remember the specific name, but I'll go ahead and enter with that one.

Today marks the 74th anniversary of Russia's invasion of Poland (Red Blitzkrieg).

Regards,

During the last weekend in Lomianki - the small town in north of Warsaw was reenactment of the Battle of Łomianki - last episode of Battle of Bzura

http://fakty.interia.pl/slideshow/galerie,iId,1209695,iAId,90219,iSort,5#1209695

The TKS and Pantzer II is a rebuild from wreck real vehicle...

Very cool,thanks for sharing Hubert! (y)

The Polish cavalry charging armor,is that really a true story?Always wondered about that,have seen it in a movie or on tv.Could the brave cavalry men gain some sucsess? :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

Very cool,thanks for sharing Hubert! (y)

The Polish cavalry charging armor,is that really a true story?Always wondered about that,have seen it in a movie or on tv.Could the brave cavalry men gain some sucsess? :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

The cavalry never attacked tanks but infantry units only. In the Polish Army this units were used for reconnaissance and harassing tasks. The myth of the tanks attacking by the Polish cavalry was a creature by the Germans after the September campaign for propaganda purposes.

Shown in the reconstruction cavalry attacking German infantry units which were supporting the tanks. Maybe the pictures it does not look like, but it was in reality.

The time frame suits me perfectly so i'm in with a CMK Pz. Kpfw 35(t)with fruil tracks and a few extra bits and bobs.

Back