• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Blood - September 1939

dewertus

First Blood

Next year will be celebrated 75th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War. Therefore I suggest creating a separate campaign is entirely devoted to the "Polish September 1939". The campaign participants will be able to build a model of any vehicle, aircraft, ship, figures, dioramas related to the September campaign. In the September 1939 campaign we have the following sites: Poland, Germany, Soviet Union, Slovakia (yes, not to many people know it, but the Slovaks fought on the German side).

The beginning of the campaign: September 1, 2013
End of the campaign: August 31, 2014

What do you think?

Nice and quite broad in subjects... it is like the Dawn of WWII.

If the complete year of 1939 is opened up, many more participants could be included too.

A campaign for every year of the war, 1939-1945, would be incredible but probably too broad.

Regards,

Saul, my friend - focus: :pp

If the complete year of 1939 is opened up, many more participants could be included too.

A campaign for every year of the war, 1939-1945, would be incredible but probably too broad.

First Blood

...I suggest creating a separate campaign is entirely devoted to the "Polish September 1939". The campaign participants will be able to build a model of any vehicle, aircraft, ship, figures, dioramas related to the September campaign. ...

First Blood

...I suggest creating a separate campaign is entirely devoted to the "Polish September 1939". The campaign participants will be able to build a model of any vehicle, aircraft, ship, figures, dioramas related to the September campaign. ...

I too say focus, I wrote that IF the complete year of 1939 is opened up, many more participants could be included too. This may be a different possible campaign.

My only concern is that none at the time bore my favorite markings.

Regards,

First Blood

I too say focus, I wrote that IF the complete year of 1939 is opened up, many more participants could be included too. This may be a different possible campaign.

Regards,

Saul would those marking consist of big pointy teeth hehe?

Regards,

Oh, realy? :coolio

2_5_b1.jpg

Are you sure this was over Poland?

0000000001.jpg

BF-109D from 2/JGr 176, Gablingen, Germany, August 1939. II Gruppe ZG76 was planned as a Bf110 unit and established on May 1, 1939. However, Bf110s were still in short supply and their initial outfit consisted of Bf109D's. It was re-designated as JagdGruppe 176 in autumn (when the sharkmouth first appears) then re-designated again a few months later as II.ZG-76 in October- which later became famous for their sharkmouth Bf110C & D.

From the late historian Ron Klages, when the question of Bf-109 equipped units over Poland was asked:

"Here is a list of the units operating Bf-109s that engaged in the conquest of Poland beginning on 1 September 1939.

I.(J)/LG 2 with Bf-109E from 1 Sept to 20 Sept and 9 aerial victories
5./(J)/TrGr. 186 with Bf-109B/E from 1 Sept to 6 Sept and 0 aerial victories
6./(J)/TrGr. 186 with Bf-109B/E from 1 Sept to 6 Sept and 0 aerial victories
I./JG 1 with Bf-109E from 1 Sept to 5 Sept and 0 aerial victories
I./JG 21 with Bf-109D from 1 Sept to 20 Sept and 7 aerial victories
I./JG 76 with Bf-109E from 1 Sept to ???? and 7 aerial victories
I./JG 77 with Bf-109E from 1 Sept to ???? and 3 aerial victories
JGr. 102 (alias I./ZG 2) with Bf-109D from 1 Sept to 20 Sept. and 29 aerial victories

The Bf-109s played a peripheral role in the air war over Poland and some units were even withdrawn before the 18 day campaign was over as shown above.

All other Bf-109 units remained in the west for the defense of Germany. These were
JGr. 101 (alias II./ZG 1) with Bf-109E
Stab JG 2 with Bf-109E
I./JG 2 with Bf-109E
10.(N)/JG 2 with Bf 109D
Stab JG 3 with Bf-109E
I./JG 3 with Bf-109E
I./JG 20 with Bf 109E
Stab(J)/LG 2 with Bf-109E

Best regards,
Ron Klages"

Better than best regards,

They were used in fight against Armée de l'Air and RAF recon and propaganda bombers from September 1939 (Phoney War). They had a few claims during the September 1939, so you can build it. (y)

Oblt. Lothar Ehrlich: 1 2./JGr. 176 Bloch-131 Freiburg 12.30

Ltn. Werner Guth: 1 3./JGr. 176 Potez 63 Sigmaringen 12.40

BTW, i need to check my sources, but i remember a few photos from September campaign with sharkmouth Bf-109 or Bf-110...

Interesting. I'll try to be in :) If I'll have time, I plan so many builds to start... :cheer:
May be T-26 or BT-2,5,7... Or may be Leichter (Funk) Panzerwagen, if I found information about it participation in historical sources.

Topic / idea refreshment - if it will start i will join with one of below models (all in Polish markings):

PZL.43 Czajka (Mirage Hobby 1/48)

PZL.37A Łoś (Mirage Hobby 1/48)

PZL P.11G/P.24 (Mirage Hobby 1/48)

I also considering donating prizes for the most interesting and well-made ​​model of this campaign :hmmm

I missed this when you first posted it Hubert, like the idea. Did we ever decide on what time frame for subjects?

I figure I have something that would fit, but it's going to have to be a late 2013 start and a long duration for me to be in. (y)

Back