• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Face It Too

Paulw

well I like the shark mouth ribbon and I needed a reason to get this P-40 going.

h620f8d4.JPG

hc6a7644.JPG

hb102397.JPG

h927aad1.JPG

The pit is the usual but the belts are some I got from a friend and they are a bit short and look to be 48 but they are 32 for sure. As usual Ill try to go with the decals for the ip and I havent thought on a scheme yet but the one on the box seems to be fit.

If Eduard would release their new Spitfire Mk VIII I would do this GB as well, The Grey Nurse Aussie Spitfire Squadron

pits are usually my favorite to do but for some reason this one didn't come out quite like I wanted it to but it is OK I guess. Got that done and sewed up the fuselage and did some masking on the clear parts which came out better than I hoped.

h787ff0b.JPG

hf75a1c3.JPG

hf75a1c3_2014-07-30.JPG

h75f67e1.JPG

heb04a0d.JPG

Oh and I have been working on something else but thats for later.

h7b826ec.JPG

I went out looking for my Krylon primer from Walmart but they don't sell that any more apparently. I did find some of this stuff
h988a884.JPG

At just over $3.00 a can and in three colors, white, black and gray, I find it to shoot real well with no runs and pretty much covers in one coat. This stuff dries pretty fast and is not grainy like the Krylon stuff.

h4422eb4.JPG

I think they also have OD or a line of camo colors. That's what I used on the Bone a while back.

I am not going to languish on this one and I hope to get it done in about a week or so but I have the first set of color down and I need to touch up some stuff. I hope that my idea for weathering this plane works out and I think it will. I think that there is something about a P-40 that says kick ass to me.

h180e1b5.JPG

h0e3349a.JPG

hce96642.JPG

hc8a6888.JPG

ha565f68.JPG

hf62fd16.JPG

So the scheme will be iconic but not the way some think. I hope it is appealing and works out well.

Back