• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-84G THUNDERJET "THE BIRD HAS FLOWN"

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

Could be hydraulic bleed off like on the Mustangs and their main gear door.

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

T/S 17 is also a good one.

moon puppy
I admire you guys who can do the rattle can, I just make a mess.

Bob if you have never tried Tamiya's A/S and T/S rattle cans you should give them a go, they are very forgiving, even if you hit an area to close, they react very well in sunlight when spraying, if you do go heavy on a spray pass just keep the area level in the sun, plenty of times I've thought $%#$ but it always settles and drys perfectly.

The paint is tough as nails too, I think they call it synthetic acrylic.

You do need to spray outside though!!!!

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

Served 8 years in the Air Force and speed brakes were always open.
On his walk around the pilot would check for leaks and on start up we had a hand signal for the pilot
to close them before he taxis out.

How the new A/Cs are I don't know??? The F4 was the newest plane out in my day. :D

Tony lee

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

moon puppy

Bob if you have never tried Tamiya's A/S and T/S rattle cans you should give them a go, they are very forgiving, even if you hit an area to close, they react very well in sunlight when spraying, if you do go heavy on a spray pass just keep the area level in the sun, plenty of times I've thought $%#$ but it always settles and drys perfectly.

What I have pictured is right out of the can. No buffing and no clear coat.

(y)

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

Served 8 years in the Air Force and speed brakes were always open.
On his walk around the pilot would check for leaks and on start up we had a hand signal for the pilot
to close them before he taxis out.

How the new A/Cs are I don't know??? The F4 was the newest plane out in my day. :D

Tony lee

That's good to know. I will use you as documentation at the next model contest. :rotf

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

Yep they are quite good for that, no AB cleaning either!! :dance

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

no AB cleaning either!! :dance

Pffftttt who does that? :idonno :gogo :D

Seriously it's been at least 8 months since I cleaned my AB. Of course it doesn't get used as often some other guys.

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled topic. :D

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

I don't use Tamiya rattle-cans for NMF, but I swear by them for laying down the glossy black base-coat !!

This is how my Sabre looked after two coats, then rubbed-back ready for the Alclad.

Ian

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

moon puppy

I have been telling people about what a beautiful finish the Tamiya spray cans do for a couple of years now but it seems to just fall on deaf ears .
Very forgiving . Ray Charles could have shot a flawless paint job with them .

They have several shades of the silver suitable for aircraft bare metal and with a light coat of dull it looks very much like oxidized aluminum to me.

Cheers, Christian :rotf

(y)

F-84G THUNDERJET "PAINT"

Ok let's get to work! First I want to say I love Tamiya kits! Steps 1 and 2 are all cockpit with a fair amount of parts, decals, and painting to do. There's even a pilot more on him later. Everything went together great. Here are some pictures of the progress so far. Questions and comments are welcome.

Terry :D

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00598.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00646.JPG

DSC00647.JPG

DSC00648.JPG

DSC00649.JPG

DSC00650.JPG

DSC00653.JPG

F-84G THUNDERJET "AT THE OFFICE"

A really nice cockpit . Marred only by the awful effort at sea belts. :blush:

I think I would just remove them if you don't want to go through further troubles on it

Cheers, Christian B)

Back