• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-100D - Done

F-100D - Painted

Paint has happened:

h2211fdf.jpg

hef6cb77.jpg

h86fe509.jpg

And with masking removed:

h0a606ad.jpg

h282edf8.jpg

h7f43db4.jpg

ha7c4ce4.jpg

...and next to my (still) unfinished F-4C:

ha7b205a.jpg

AFN

Ian.

F-100D - Painted

Nice work Ian.
Cannot wait to see the decals on this bird. :popcorn
Frank

F-100D

Needed to give this part a little thought: I wanted the panel lines & excellent rivet detail to show however I didn't want it to look like a flying diagram :sick: . So instead of using a thinned oils wash, I dug-out my last bottle of Flory/Pro-Modeller 'Dark Dirt' and slopped it on in sections. Gave each section an hour or so in the Autumn sunshine to dry, then wiped it clear with a soft cloth, which I moistened from time to time where the wash was a little 'stubborn'.

he6af986.jpg

hdd39e8d.jpg

h7347a98.jpg

h72408f6.jpg

Next... stickers :yipee

Please feel free to make any comments or ask any questions, in the meantime, kids ...'Don't touch that dial...'

Ian.

F-100D - Washed

Beautiful job. I also have some of that Flory wash; it's great stuff. I keep trying to find a place to buy more, but so far nothing. That wash really makes this look so impressive!

F-100D - Decalled

Decals on and sealed under a (brushed) coat of Klear. Little bit of staining too with oil dots.

h2b5015b.jpg

h916902f_2017-05-14.jpg

h9275608.jpg

h283f3c4.jpg

h082b491.jpg

h9e0e018.jpg

h5197542.jpg

Next I'll lightly spray a single coat of satin to take the edge off the finish. Then loadout & final assembly. As ever please feel free to ask any questions or make any criticism or comments.

Ian.

Back