• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-100D - Done

F-100D

So frustrating when 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' are on school holidays, cannot get any 'cave time', ahhh well they're back on Monday after two weeks Autumn (US = Fall) break and I'm back to afternoon-only work which means mornings in the cave...
:yipee

And hopefully some progress.

Ian.

F-100D

Over the last couple of days, I've managed to get the fuselage halves together, filled, sanded and polished where necessary and started with the 'metalwork' today:

hbe6a9d8.jpg

Starting with a (home brewed) Alclad Dark Aluminium, sprayed at low pressure over Tamiya's glossy black. I left this metal tone for a couple of hours to really dry before masking and spraying with:

Pale Burnt Metal
Pale Burnt Metal & Steel 30/70 mix
Steel
White Aluminium.

The blue tail stripes are Humbrol 48 straight from the tinlet, IMHO a perfect match.

hbce4dff.jpg

Next I'll carefully spray some Tamiya Clear Blue, Orange and Smoke to simulate the heat scorched effects - real world permitting that will happen tomorrow. In the meantime here's a quick shot of the basic tones on the Quickboost resin seat. Forgot to take a photo of it all finished... sorry !! :facepalm .

h9048632.jpg

Stay tuned.

Ian.

F-100D - Metalwork

Thanks folks, wee bit of a chilly start here this morning and work after lunch so may get only limited time in the cave later...

Ian.

F-100D - Metalwork

Heat scorching done:

h2f7d9a1.jpg

Wings on and sprayed Tamiya matt black overall as an undercoat:

h4c08fa1.jpg

h9037c6b.jpg

h357e38d.jpg

Will leave this until Friday at the earliest before starting with the overall aluminium - I've already mixed & thinned a batch of Xtracolour 142 and Humbrol Gloss Cote [sic] ready

Stay tuned.

Ian.

F-100D - Undercoated

Wow, that burnt metal looks magnificent! Right on man! Looking forward to seeing more.

Back