• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV

As far as I can remember it is the same kit with the Vorpanzer parts added. And as Johnmentioned they fixed many of the faults of 6264 kit. Only the decals will be different,6264 has an excellent DAK decal sheet. He will have a lot of left over decals it’s a big sheet maybe you can beg , borrow or steal some from him.

Brian

As far as I can remember it is the same kit with the Vorpanzer parts added. And as Johnmentioned they fixed many of the faults of 6264 kit. Only the decals will be different,6264 has an excellent DAK decal sheet. He will have a lot of left over decals it’s a big sheet maybe you can beg , borrow or steal some from him.

Brian

You assume I am that organized. Between that build and now, the workroom has moved two times...

I have been really challenged to try and get into a building mood. It just hasn't been happening. Have my 222 on the bench and done a little bit of stuff but nothing that amounts to much so I'm with Bob at this point. I will watch and learn and maybe catch up or just learn.

Only meager progress after long weekend.

But progress

h310b2cd.jpg

Had to scratch a mounting plate for the stop bump, part took missing. I know i'll find it next week.

h3ce6ee9.jpg

Hope I moved the drive housing up enough but not too much.

h87d593d.jpg

:soldier

Only meager progress after long weekend.

But progress

h310b2cd.jpg

Had to scratch a mounting plate for the stop bump, part took missing. I know i'll find it next week.

h3ce6ee9.jpg

Hope I moved the drive housing up enough but not too much.

h87d593d.jpg

:soldier

Looks good, only time will tell about the final drive housing position!

h3ce6ee9.jpg

Looks good, only time will tell about the final drive housing position!

I am not understanding either Mike. Were the kit alignment marks wrong for the location of the drive?

No. DML engineered the position of the final drives incorrectly. They are 2mm too low, and since the return rollers are oversized a bit, there is a visible downward run of the track from the first roller to the drive sprocket. This can be camouflaged by rotating the final drive up 2mm.

Kit per instructions:

h38e6b6a.jpg

Rotated:

hf8f1027.jpg

Yeah...maybe my 2mm is different than your 2mm. :hmmm

Back