• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Panzer I Ausf. A

Cool. It might have been a beast with the tracks but ir looks awesome. I especially like the early cam job. I think the tracks are why my jagdpanzer 1 still isnt finished and why I have 5 of these i=still in my stash. Too chicken to work on them.
James

james, josé - thanks dudes! :)

markings time! the turret balkenkreuze are a little bit crooked but weathering will take care of that! the stencils gave me a hard time! and if it wouldn't have been funny enough the masking tape ripped off paint at some spots!

whatever ... the only decals are the numbers on the small plates i added yesterday when all of a sudden i noticed that i still needed to assign the tank! thank god i had some pe plates in my treasure box/spares box!

since i almost went nuts with masking i dug out finnish music - Loituma - Ievan Polkka

(here's jenny's version: Loituma - Ievan Polkka (Jenny Version) - watch it to the end, you'll love it jenny! :) )

rechts_20100615_1314433659.jpg

links_20100615_1505096879.jpg

vorne_20100615_1378158885.jpg

hinten_20100615_2092199078.jpg

g060.gif

What a distinctive looking little tank :) . I love it :laugh: .
The cam and bright markings will be great to show some cool weathering too .

Jenny :kiss:

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggs!
k022.gif
:pinch:
g070.gif

i just learned that this early version is too early for even the polish campaign!

this is the 2nd series the panzer 1a - to make it a 3rd series panzer 1a i should have made the following alterations:

- eliminate the reinforcing strips on all but the first roadwheels
- add the bolted side reinforcment strips
- eliminate the right rear superstructure vision port
- add armored covers on the rear air outtakes and add the extra armor on the engine deck intake

-> http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr6289.htm

sometimes i'm just tired! sooooo tired!

what shall i do now? repaint the whole tank without markings or live with it!

my mood just came down in flames!

Hi Laura.

Ohhh, that is sooooo sweet.

And remember it is just a plastic model, and it really is not that important. But also if it really bugs you, it is not that hard to blast it with a coat of dark grey ;) . But what ever you do, just have fun with it.

Gary B)

P.S. Hows Rudy doing ?

It looks really sharp Laura, I vote that you finish it as is but of course that decision is all yours.

Chin up and all that.

:D

thanks all for the heads up!

G Cooper wrote:
P.S. Hows Rudy doing ?

rudy's recovering quite well! :) still some issues but way better than until last wednesday!

yesterday i was really tempted to throw this one at the wall! (no big loss since i got this particular kit once more in my stash! :S )

whatever - i repainted the crosses in yellow, followed by a washing with dark brown, then gave the lower hull two layers of transparent burnt sienna, brick red and the whole tank received a coat of transparent coffee brown!

Fields Of The Nephilim - Moonchild

links_20100616_1456943743.jpg

rechts_20100616_1809796485.jpg

oben_20100616_2017423483.jpg

the coffee brown really toned everything down! i'll experiment more with my hansa colors in future! that's for sure!

g060.gif

Looks mighty fine Little Laura , now we need some chipping around the engine access panels , some oil stains , footprints etc . You go girl !

WOW Laura! Awesome little thing! Could you have painted it for Spain/Condor? Either way, a bad ass little piece of hardware! ;)

53Chevy wrote:
Could you have painted it for Spain/Condor?

yes! in fact that would have been one of the two correct options! brmpf!

i learned a little bit more: this kit features early AND late characteristics!

oh well ... after painting the ovm, painting oil spills, rubbing in gun metal pigments and flatcoating i'm very close to the finish line in the meantime and i won't change anything now!

the next (and last) dml panzer 1a will be spanish civil war, el tercio - i'll take the decals from the tristar kit!

thanks for the feedback! much appreciated!

ok - i call this one done!

misted the running gear, did the mg barrels, gave the ovm a second layer of gun metal pigments and rusted the mufflers ... now it's time to move on to a more serious tank! and i already can hear some peoples yawning about what i'm about to do but i can say that i know what i'm doing ... whatever - you'll see, you'll see! ;)

Nurzery [Rhymes] - Slavery

links_20100617_1674904982.jpg

hinten_20100617_2009398445.jpg

rechts_20100617_1306397301.jpg

vorne_20100617_1173906857.jpg

oben_20100617_1224439731.jpg

Looks superb Laura , I love your rust FX , they rock !

Hmmm what makes this a little gay tank ? Well I would say tactically , its inability to take down an Armoured Hotdog Stand means that it really is pretty lame :laugh: .

After all , they are only machine guns :blush: .

Very cool Laura. I like the weathering on the white stripe. Looks good and grimy but not overdone. Brings it in line with the rest of the tank. And the rust really does look fantasmic!

Matt :)

Back