• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Panzer I Ausf. A

Kreighshoer

well ... the last week i was very busy and thus mostly offline but i wasn't lazy!

i transferred my workbench downstairs and whenever i could i worked on this little kit!

the most tedious work was - who may have guessed that - assembling the tracks! i had swapped the magic tracks from this kit with the ones from the flakpanzer 1, only to have all that link cutting done once and for all! five attachment points per link, 87 links per side = 870 cuts! three links broken, one after the first cut, one after the second cut and one while assembling the track lengths = 878 cuts in total! how i hated it!

Tyske Ludder -Panzer

rechts_20100608_1103968271.jpg

vorne_20100608_1727813858.jpg

links_20100608_1717521737.jpg

hinten_20100608_1689763361.jpg

g060.gif

Excellent Laura, looks like the work on the tracks was worth it. It's amazing how small that tank (and the track) is. I have the Tristar with interior and would love to shoe-horn crew figures into it.

Very nice Laura :cheer: I've got one of these & it was one of my favourite kits to build, but the tracks are pain in the a.....

Paper Panzers and now baby Panzers... :laugh:

When this little Panzer I grows up it wants to be a Tiger II. :blink

thanks dudes!
ugly.gif

Ted wrote:
It's amazing how small that tank (and the track) is.

it felt like building a braille kit! so many tiny bits and pieces! horror!

f1matt wrote:
Good job not losing your marbles working on those tracks.

Matt
d055.gif

who claimed i didn't?
uglyaua.gif

John Short wrote:
I've got one of these & it was one of my favourite kits to build, but the tracks are pain in the a.....

i still got one of these, the dml flakpanzer 1 and a tristar panzer 1 a in my stash! :S

Now I understand why the Fruils are so expensive. They are worth it!

Nice clean build, what colors are you going with, Gray no doubt (see, the pup is learning)?

Looks really cool Laura!! Just remember it could have wings instead of tracks :laugh:

Terry B)

thanks bob and terry! :)

moon puppy wrote:
Now I understand why the Friuls are so expensive. They are worth it!

Nice clean build, what colors are you going with, Gray no doubt (see, the pup is learning)?

those aren't friultracks, those are the old single link tracks that were on a sprue and not the already cleaned up magic tracks!

but you will love friuls, that's for sure!

ok ... something more for pup to learn! this is the early panzer 1 a so in principle i SHOULD give the tank a fancy three tone camo of yellow, brown and green - the buntfarbenanstrich! in principle!

i got something else in mind! grey with brown patches! either polish campaign, phoney war or operation weserübung ... one of those three it will be! :)

:mpup

Looks nice and clean.

I put together a set of Fruils for a Pz I. Not much fun either. They are so small the white metal bends and try and drill out all those tiny holes!

Nice built Laura.
I have the Modelkasten tracks for this mini tank and they are very fragile ,thus anyone who wants aftermarket tracks... buy Fruils.

Go for the Grey -brown camo. We don't see that every day.

Grtz

Kristof

Hi Laura,

I like Pz I.And you did realy realy perfect work.
I´m looking forward to paint( and maybe small dio??)

Cheesr.
Pavel

Well Laura , you are a clever little vegemite :) !

You have done a brilliant job ...... you know WWII Production do have Pz I tracks ;)

Jenny :kiss:

thanks everybody for the nice comments! :)

ok, i painted this lil' bugger ... the primer attacked the plastic in one spot but no big deal - mud will be the solution/explanation!

black basepaint as preshading, followed by self mixed grey - turned out a little bit too blue but again, doesn't bother me too much - and brown patches!

first two colors were done with an iwata and the brown with a H&S EVO ... blaaaaarggs - ten minutes airbrushing, one hour cleaning! the H&S are bitches to clean! :S

Fields Of The Nephilim - Psychonaut (woooooohooooooo! an original video of the neph is hard to find! tender minded peoples be careful, they do an okipa/sundance in there! oh how i love the neph!
g070.gif
)

links2_20100613_1048752436.jpg

rechts2_20100613_1619728766.jpg

g060.gif

Back