• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Revell 1/32 Ju 88 FINISHED!!!

Re: Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Chukw, I believe I have lost the bomb site for this. :blush: I am eagerly awaiting your interpretation on your build so that I can copy it. :D

What was your impression of the 290 ? You're referring to the Revell I take it. B)

Awesome work. I really have to build one. First Laura and now you, the temptation is great. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

What was your impression of the 290 ? You're referring to the Revell I take it. B)

Yes it was the Revell kit and it was very similar yo this build. Great interior detail and a pretty straight forward build. Can't say enough good things about the newer Revell products. The only thing with these big kits is the four part fuselage assembly, it's a little tricky to get everything lined up perfectly.

Awesome work. I really have to build one. First Laura and now you, the temptation is great. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Comon' James, you know you want to. You will also need the 1/32 He 111 to go with it! :evil:

James

Comon' James, you know you want to. You will also need the 1/32 He 111 to go with it! :evil:

Got both and unfortunately I also have a c-6 conversion, a Mistel 2 conversion, and an A-4 conversion. I got to get doing stuff.

James

Got both and unfortunately I also have a c-6 conversion, a Mistel 2 conversion, and an A-4 conversion. I got to get doing stuff.

:yipee :yipee :yipee

when can you start? :popcorn

HAHAHAHAHA that's what James needs, some positive reinforcement on spontaneous buying . :rotf

Thanks for the info on the ju 290 . Probably not too important on the interior but good exterior would be great. Sure looks good in the box.

Cheers, Christian B)

Awesome work there Dave :popcorn I'm keeping my eye on you :D .

That 290 is a great kit, mines half built and when I get a large enough shelf I will finish it and there are a few niggles to look out for.

Yowtch! Just stunning work, you had to add pieces to that cockpit I'm sure, but how much of that came with the kit? Thats awesome greatness! :yipee

Krypto, that cockpit is almost entirely out of the box. All I've added is some dial decals for the side panels (only the IP has kit supplied decals) and straps for the rudder pedals. Below you will see I made my own seat belts as well.

Finally got off my lazy butt and made the seat belts (Tamiya tape and wire buckles). Started masking the windows and got the gondola on which means that I could also glue in the bomb sight as it won't be knocked off now that the gondola is on.

hedbd5a3.jpg

h597f7dd.jpg

h53688b3.jpg

h3ecbf92.jpg

Lots more windows to mask... :zen

Okay, okay, got sidetracked a bit.

Windows are all masked (whew :dance ), canopies installed and wings are glued. Just got to fill a few gaps around the canopy pieces and I'll be ready to slap some paint on her. :v

h0c4df28.jpg

h69a98b4.jpg

(y) :notworthy
I wonder when i gonna have time to pull my 88 out of the stash..... :hmmm
Looks very nice though and i would like to give it a try :)
Keep on masking windows! it's looking great (y)
//Mats

Back