• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CyberHobby Helldiver

W
h36707ee_2015-11-29.gif
W

X2 WOW

JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ Chuck, thanks a lot buddy. I'm plodding along doing 'paint by numbers' and you have the gall to drop 'Mona Lisa' into my thread.

Just kidding, I still love you man :yipee :yipee :yipee

Thanks to MP and Christian for the nice comments!!

I'm not usually a big fan of pe sets but checked out the Eduard set for the flaps and just had to go with it.

This is where photo etching really shines....

IMG_2056_zps3g7349bu.jpg

IMG_2062_zpsi3txp4cf.jpg

Thanks for looking in Folks!

Randy

Wow, those look amazing! :eek:hmy:

This thread will likely be an inspiration for my planned SBD. :drinks

Paint by numbers pbbbbbttttttt :D Looks awesome Randy.
Chuck I remember that and thats the build that got me looking for all your builds.

Randy and Chuck, 2 Great modelers well above my skill level and both entertaining and educational to watch at work :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Good news Randy ...Not to worry about the Mona lisa .

I just read that some genius discovered there's another painting under it :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I've got this kit and all the Eduard PE to with it- and it terrifies me! Yet Leonardo here is just eatin' it up. ;)

Dude, those flaps- wow! What do you use to apply your superglue? I'd love to know- and what type you use on such assemblies- thanks!

Hi Folks,

Thanks Helios!

James, You are too kind my friend.

Thanks Christian, Need more help, pm coming your way :)

Thanks Ed!!

Appreciate it Dave.

Hey Chuck, You need to build it!! I just puddle medium Zap a gap and dip 32 gauge wire in and apply.

Thank you Mike :) :)

Thanks Gerry.

Hi Ian, glad you are liking this !!

Letting some things dry on the plane so I turned my attention to a small display base. I am inspired by the base that Alex used on his plane.

Ref. pics.....

ww2%20carrier_zpssexo8ett.jpg

ww2%20carrier%20b_zpsg1medcxj.jpg

Starting with Eduard's pe base for WW2 USN carrier. I chose the wood colored deck to go with the dark blue of my plane.

Separated the deck at the elevator line ...

IMG_2086_zpse0i1yaf1.jpg

My plan is to build up a two wall slice of the elevator. The deck piece is really small , 4" x 5 1/2", so even with the wings folded I will need to extend it.

My base is a plastic picture frame about 6" x 8". The idea is to show the elevator about half way lowered...

IMG_2091_zpsfkkanxjs.jpg

IMG_2120_zps9brehia6.jpg

IMG_2132_zpsbdc9wut5.jpg

IMG_2142_zpsxfkjy01t.jpg

IMG_2144_zpswgqz4giu.jpg

IMG_2158_zpsbgabwm42.jpg

This is in no way to be taken as an accurate portrayal of the real thing!!! I am showing only about 1/3 of the elevator.

That is all for now,

Thanks for looking in!

Randy

Very nice Randy. I've studied those pics before for an Essex build (or my Hornet CV-8) but, looks like you have captured the look of the elevator lifting mechanism &is nicely weathered. (y) (y) :drinks

Just amazes me how you can reproduce anything in miniature Randy. :notworthy

And if some jackwagon does try to call you out on the size of the elevator just send them to us. :bat we'll take care of that light work. (y)

Back