• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry Skinny_Mike Ta-152C

So here it is – the WIP last post!!!!

I started out working on the wheels. Unfortunately the TD wheels had all kind of air bubbles in them. I used Mr. Surfacer 500 to fill them in and then I sanded them smooth. Then I sprayed the hubs with Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black and brush painted the tires with Vallejo Panzer Aces Dark Rubber.

Post131_zpsb3eeb34b.jpg

After that the MLG wheels were cut off the pour stub, holes drilled for the axles and they were installed.

Post132_zps6fd243f3.jpg

The tail wheel was sprayed, in this order, with Alclad Dull Aluminum. Then the hub was masked and the wheel was sprayed Polly Scale Dirty White. After that the side wall was masked and the rest of the tire was sprayed in dark rubber and the wheel was installed.

Post133_zps0577c733.jpg

The canopy was painted in RLM 82 and installed in the closed position. To install open and be correct, the canopy would need to be thinner as the real one was hinged in the middle and became thinner as it was slid back along the tracks. I wanted to install the antenna wire, and did drill out the canopy to mount the wire, however I realized that I should have drilled the hole in the tail much earlier in the build. The drill kept slipping along the edge and scratching the tail. So I decided to leave it off, before I wreaked something and really upset myself!
Lastly I added a spacer to the back of the propeller so the prop blades didn’t rub on the cowling and installed it.

Post134_zps10dd4b01.jpg

Post135_zps0392cd5a.jpg

Post136_zps7a61db17.jpg

And I am calling it complete!

I was really happy to start this project. I’m not exactly thrilled with the results. But it’s a good kit and all the problems were things I messed up. I’ve gotten the year off to a better start then last year, by actually finishing a build! Hope to keep this momentum going!

Thanks for watching
Mike
:yipee

Outstanding Mike, way to bring her in and git'er done!!

I think it looks great, but you're always more critical of your own work.

So what's next for you?

Way to go Mike. Looks good to me .

Maybe that's why builders come up with multiple Fw 190's Ee always think we can do something better the next time around . Just one more . . . :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Back