• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - RichB - 30 Years War Mercenary

Made his hair a little longer. More in fashion in the mid 17th century.

newhair.jpg

Contemplating adding some decorative features to his breast and back plates.

Richard

Wonder if Bill ever visited the German regions of the Holy Roman Empire? :hmmm

Took the plunge and scribed a pattern to finish the breast and back plates as "black & white" armour.

bwarmour.jpg

The shaded areas wil be the blued, blackened or russeted areas, depending partly on the colours I pick for his coat and partly on
finding a technique that gets the best result for the colouring. The other areas will be polished steel.

Richard

A little rubbing and buffing tonight.

Some peweter Rub n'Buff applied over the flat black base.

unrub.jpg

And after a bit of buffing with a soft shoe polishing cloth. A gloss base will usually give a deeper shine, better for
parade armour.

rub.jpg

Anyone thinking I was talking about anything but modelling, please report to Father Mulcahy immediately. B)

Cheers,
Richard

I got some silver leaf in Edmonton, either Michael's or DeSerres in West Ed. I picked up the peweter and copper from an
E-bay store out of the Vancouver area.

Found the link,
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Amaco-Rub-N-Buff-Wax-Metallic-Finish-Crafts-All-/230537285236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&var=&hash=item7b67642998

Cheers,
Richard

Since our last update, I stripped the pewter from the breastplate as it was looking to dark for the white armour of a mid-grade officer.
I reapplied silver leaf Rub n' Buff over the entire breastplate, painted the black areas, applied some black washes and a bit of
silver dry brushing for highlights.

I painted his sash in the sky-blue of Fredrick V's protestant forces at White Mountain in 1620 and started the face by painting his eyes.

start.jpg

Cheers.
Richard

Back