• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry - RichB - 30 Years War Mercenary

RichB

Merc_.jpg

Richard

No it doesn't. I'm going try to scuplt ostrich plumes like I've seen on some other busts from this era.

Richard

Work got under way with an evening of removing pour stubs and filling the odd pin hole.

As you may have noticed from the opening photo, he has hair styled by Mr. Clean making his hat fit very loosely. So night two was adding some hair to improve the sit of his hat.

hair%7E0.jpg

I also added some texture to the felt hat with Mr. Surfacer.

hat.jpg

Richard

First attempts at scuplting feather plumes resulted in things looking more like palm leaves, ferns and other assorted vegetation. :angry:
Back to studying pictures of ostrich plumes before my next session. :hmmm

Richard

First attempts at scuplting feather plumes resulted in things looking more like palm leaves, ferns and other assorted vegetation. :angry:
Back to studying pictures of ostrich plumes before my next session. :hmmm

Richard

I impressed. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Terry B)

I've been perusing various figure and sculpting forums for methods and like everything else in this hobby, there are as many techniques as there are modelers. Now to find the one that works for me.

Richard

I've been perusing various figure and sculpting forums for methods and like everything else in this hobby, there are as many techniques as there are modelers. Now to find the one that works for me.

Richard

Stay with it.

:popcorn

I think I've got something looking more like ostrich plumes from tonights effort.
A little bit of cleanup is still required, but I'll let the putty setup a bit so I don't mess up the shape to much.

1a%7E0.jpg

1b%7E0.jpg

Richard

Back