• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTRY - RAZORDWS - Macchi 202

REALLY???
08Ma20232.jpg

How to make modeling frustrating,was kindly enough brought to you by:21st century toys of China. :rotf

Keep up the good work,Dave! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Excellent fix there, love the IP and pilot - yes China makes a habit of it.......
DSC_6098b.jpg

keep her going!

yes China makes a habit of it.......

I understand wanting to brand your stuff and I've seen this sort of thing before on older kits but on THE INSIDE of the fuselage, not out where everyone can see it.

Dusan, having people shoot at you constantly usually makes one angry!

I sa a bunch of these kits a few years ago and I could still kick myself for not picking one or two up!

Raz, buddy you're make quite a nice model of this. Maybe if you offer the pilot a glass of Spumanti he'll smile for us. :laugh:

Got sidetracked a bit on another project and some weekend trips but it is now ready for paint. Unfortunately I went to paint the undersides tonight and realized that the jar of Italian Blue Grey that I thought I had is no longer. Is there a decent match in either the Humbrol or the Tamiya lineup or a mix ratio to get a match? These are the only two paint types available to me without mail ordering.

Time for an update. Putty and sanding is complete and I discovered I had a few other odds and ends to clean up before paint.

First up, filling the screw holes that were meant to hold this toy kit together. The kit comes with some caps to cover the holes but they are made with the soft vinyl plastic so I read another build article where the guy melted some sprue and stuck it in the hole. Easy peasy!

11Ma20232.jpg

12Ma20232.jpg

13Ma20232.jpg

Next up, because I repositioned the pilot to sit in his seat properly his head was too far back to put in the head piece on the rear bulkhead. With the pilot installed there was no room to work the seam so I painted and inserted a thin piece of plastic sheet in behind him. The canopy fit in this area was loose anyway.

16Ma20232.jpg

17Ma20232.jpg

Lastly, I decided to cut in some wing tip formation lights while I was at it. Luckily I had some spare clear sprue pieces big enough for this.

14Ma20232.jpg

15Ma20232.jpg

I am off work for the season now so this should move forward fairly quickly now. :yipee

Finally got some time off work so things should move pretty quick now. Got some paint on her last night and this morning. Top coat is still a little thin in places so I will give it another coat before starting on the smoke rings. Prop is not glued yet.

18Ma20232.jpg

So with the Sherman done I started on the smoke rings today. It was very frustrating as I normally work with acrylics but only had enamels for the Italian colours. Could not get the thinner ratio down correct but I struggled through it. I had to take a brush dipped in paint thinner to scrub off all the areas where the paint spidered when it was too thin. Thankfully the base coat had been curing for a week. Tomorrow I will paint the white fuselage band and get a coat of future on it so that I can start putting the decals on.

19Ma20232.jpg

20Ma20232.jpg

Well despite your troubles it looks fantastic. Really impressive work on the smoke rings (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back