• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry-Paul W-1/32 Revell Mosquito MkIV

Paulw

here she is guys, the Mozzie :D

IMG_1569_zpsa2219be9.jpg

IMG_1570_zpsbbb1147a.jpg

The last time I built this kit was 1968. So lets not go into details, I was nine years old at the time.
From what I have read it was one of the best ones produces so now its time to build one again.

I am surprised that this kit is devoid of all internal detail but that's what you get with a 40 year old model. I didn't really know what to do so I just painted it and shoved it in between the two halves.
Surprisingly enough the fuse went together with out too much balking and very little gaps. I guess tomorrow Ill do some filler and maybe start on the wings.
IMG_1575_zps56492cb7.jpg

IMG_1579_zps87c12de7.jpg

IMG_1581_zpsbc621e26.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsdfe9e491.jpg

Oh yeah did I mention that this kit has a split canopy? Go figure. :idonno

Good start Paul. I have one of these waiting in the stash. Just too chicken to start it.
James

I suspect when you get that 2mm thick canopy on it you're not going to be able to see inside anywho...Nice start Paul :pilot

Did some diddling around today and got the landing gear done as well as the wings on. found some gaps that I can put some card stock in and ..... Who knows this is the best old Revell kit I have done. Really no issues to speak of that cant be fixed.
IMG_1602_zps2d61ed3e.jpg

IMG_1604_zps6df95a2d.jpg

IMG_1606_zps4a37bdd3.jpg

IMG_1609_zpscf9292bf.jpg

Paul, I built one of these in '89', as a display in my son's baby room. It's a nice kit, and I don't think you'll have to much problem.

Your doing a nice job. (y)

I have been busy for the last few days and not much was done to the skeeter. Today was the start of my most favorite least favorite thing to do...FSR
IMG_1669_zps3872033f.jpg

IMG_1670_zps1bf9b086.jpg

IMG_1671_zpsac0c9078.jpg

Man, I finally got the bug up on its legs. not much more to report. Just a lot of tlc here.
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

More to follow...

Back