• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry- Firesmacker- M4A3 Sherman Finished

Decided to do an armor build first since my last 2 builds were cars. I don't have any Shermans on the shelf so I aim to rectify that:

Models003-1.jpg

Re: CTA Entry- Firesmacker- M4A3 Sherman

Thanks guys. I have the road wheels, drive sprockets, and idlers cleaned and primed with flat black. (two birds with one stone, now I don't have to paint the black on the road wheels :dance)

I have never built any vehicle that used OD but I have read all the various opinions about what the "proper" shade is until my eyes bleed. I have a bottle of Tamiya OD that I plan on lightning a little and going with that.

Thoughts?

Good place to start. Here's one of mine using Tamiya OD as the starting point.

DSC07114.JPG

Thanks for the pic, Terry.

Got started on the priming:

Sherman001.jpg

I'm kind of feeling my way along on this since I have never done a Sherman before. I'm used to German armor which is a bit different as far as the build steps go.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys.

Turret and upper hull assembled and primed:

Sherman001-1.jpg

Chassis done and road wheels attached:

Sherman002.jpg

I did a wash before attaching anything and haven't done the wheels yet. The weathering will be pretty minimum.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Wanted to see how it looked fitted up:

Sherman003.jpg

The flash is making it look lighter than it is.

Tools are primed and the tracks are almost done.

Thanks. My batch of Tamiya OD was way too dark so I mixed it about 70/30 OD/dark yellow.

Looks real good Jeff. I think you have it nailed down pretty good there.

Back