• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry Duke Maddog Mil Mi-26 Halo

Just a real quick update since I managed to get a few hours on the bench today. I spent it getting all the fiddly bits on the Mi-26 Halo, painted the details on the rotors, and added the landing gear and rear clamshell doors.

Here it is:

WIP_CTA__XVIIa.JPG

Here's a shot of this 1/72 scale helicopter next to a 1/72 scale Russian staff car to show the relative size of this monster helicopter:

WIP_CTA__XVIIb.JPG

Now all I have to do is do some paint touch up; re-coat it with dullcoat and remove the clear parts masking and this beastie will be done!

Stay tuned!

Watch your step as you disembark....

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_II.JPG

Now that we've arrived, Pasha will happily show you around my Zvezda 1/72 scale Russian Mi-26 Halo. He'll let you know that this is the largest helicopter in service today. She's built OOB and painted with Testor's Model Master paints. A wash was done on select locations with Windsor & Newton Oils Burnt Umber thinned with Mona Lisa thinner:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_III.JPG

Pasha is still standing by in case anyone has any other questions about this Big Bird:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_IV.JPG

There it is; another of the large projects that slowed me down last year is finally done. I hope you enjoyed the ride. I sure did enjoy the trip I took to complete this thing!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks MP! I'm so glad to finally have this done! Now to figure out where to keep it until I'm ready to take it to shows and such.

Thanks Maus! Glad you stopped in.

Amazingly enough, no. Even the complex join around the engine intakes was very smooth; very little sanding was needed to smooth that out. The open clamshell doors did fight me a little, but I eventually got them to stay. It was a little tricky getting all four pieces of the main fuselage together, but once everything lined up there was almost nothing in the way of gaps or seams to fill and sand.

I'm actually very surprised at how fun this model was to build.

Thanks again for the great reply.

Hi Duke

Thanks, I have been watching your build with great intrest as I have one in my basement that I'm looking forward to building. It sure is a beautiful job that you did, I have seen Mi-26's flying out of KAF, they sure are beasts of beauty.

James

Thanks James! Man that must have been awesome seeing these in flight! Way to go.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your Halo as well.

Back