• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry Duke Maddog Mil Mi-26 Halo

Duke Maddog

This is the Zvezda 1/72 scale Mil Mi-26 Halo helicopter. Here are the Proof of Honesty pics needed for this Campaign:

Box top with my phone showing the October 4th date:

WIPCTAIa.jpg

Open box showing unstarted contents with Phone showing October 4th date:

WIPCTAIb.jpg

Now on to the build....

First thing I did, naturally; was build the cockpit. Got it all done and ready for paint:

WIPCTAIIa.jpg

The roof pieces are just dry-fit in there to help the bulkheads glue properly. I left them removable to make it easier to paint this cockpit assembly as you can see here:

WIPCTAIIb.jpg

While that was drying; I assembled some of the detail parts to the interior of the fuselage halves, and added the windows to them as well. You can see how big this horse will be by the Exacto blade sitting between them for a size reference:

WIPCTAIII.jpg

Finally, I got the engine exhausts assembled and attached to the interior roof section in the main cargo bay:

WIPCTAIV.jpg

That's about all I got done so far on this. Hopefully, I'll have some more progress to show soon.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Great start Duke (y)

Saul, there is no sharkmouth in this box, only United Nations and Russian ac. Revell re-box is great value with additional stencils and sharkmounth :ro:.

All the best!
Dusan.

Revell of Germany made this too? I've never seen the Revell of Germany kit. Hey, if someone wants to send me the sharkmouth for this beastie, I'll be happy to put it on, even if it ain't accurate to the kit markings!

I don't have this kit,
rvg04645.jpg

or the separate Begemot sharkmouth decals for it...
b72031_1.jpg

to make this:
Mi-26FuerzaareadeBielorusiaMachoolishchiABcercadeMinsk2005.jpg

Regards,

I don't have this kit,
rvg04645.jpg

or the separate Begemot sharkmouth decals for it...
b72031_1.jpg

to make this:
Mi-26FuerzaareadeBielorusiaMachoolishchiABcercadeMinsk2005.jpg

Regards,

Wow, that is so cool! I'll have to go look that decal sheet up. I need to work a few more jobs before I get it though. Thanks for posting that, I had never known they had put it out or that a separate decal sheet was made for it.

Okay, this week I got some progress done. Here is the helicopter I'm building for this campaign.

I got the cockpit painted and decaled here:
WIP_CTA_IIc.JPG

Then I painted and added the crew:
WIP_CTA_IId.JPG

Here is the cockpit all closed up and ready for the fuselage:
WIP_CTA_IIe.JPG

These are some of the extra small sub-assemblies I also built while waiting for the cockpit to dry. I also added filler to the seam of the exhaust pipes inside and out:
WIP_CTA_V.JPG

Now all I have to do is find a suitable color that matches the instruction's "africa brown" so I can paint the main cargo bay.

That's all for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! Yeah Ben, the fun part is coming up!
James, it rally ain't that small! :blink :woohoo: This is a huge helicopter; it'll be the first one I'll have to hang from the ceiling. :D

Back