• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy Corsair

Thank you Matt, good point about the photo staging. Yes I'll be using the tug, maybe both of them. I'm sure I was driving a WW2 era tug when I was in the USAF. We had one that had concrete bumpers that was more modern but the little one we use to pull tool boxes around had to have some age on it.

Here is a couple of on deck pictures.

4884.jpg

USS_Oriskany_flight_F4U_1952.jpg

B)

Brett Green used the Aires set with the Ultracast seat (since the rounded top of the seat was more popular during the war):
Aires.jpg

Trumpeter did a good job on the seat and mount so here is a build that shows the seat mounted from different angles:
http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=21941

Any build by Rodney Williams can be consulted for details:
http://www.skywriters.net/reviews/trumpetercorsair.htm

None of the manuals I have show the seat mounted.

Regards,

Woo thanks guys. Terry I missed yours earlier today. See, no pilots hangin' about with maps spread out on the deck. But I'll bet you someone in that crowd has a pair of dice in their pocket!

Saul
appreciate that Bret used a ultra cast seat but so much of that picture looks quite different to my Aires build

F4-11.jpg

Aires.jpg

I wonder if that is 1/72 ? look at the area around the head pad

Saul
appreciate that Bret used a ultra cast seat but so much of that picture looks quite different to my Aires build

F4-11.jpg

Aires.jpg

I wonder if that is 1/72 ? look at the area around the head pad

FG1Dproject.jpg

Could it be a different Aires set? Ultracast only makes 48th scale seats.

Regards,

I saw the differences in the frame work. Wonder if that seat was just that adjustable and Aires has it in one position and Ultracast has it in another.

I'm going to use the drawings James supplied. Already started cutting brass.

I wonder if its a blown hood and a bird cage ? the head pad and its surround are quite different. anyway poor old Bob has hit page four here and not started yet :laugh:

I've been cutting resin Paddy and looking at the fine details of the Vector cowl ring and flaps. Starting to think about that Vector R-2800A/B style :pilot

So I sat down this afternoon and did some scratch building for the seat frame. Started some test fitting and realized I do not have all the parts that came with the set. So off to the Brothers of Sprue I go.

Stand by folks.

well having second thoughts now. First, times are tough and I don't need to spend the money right now. That could change in a week or two but I don't have any other projects to get wrapped up in.

I'm really thinking of changing my entry to the Eduard P38 :pilot

Well i would rather see an Eduard P38 because its one i hav'nt seen before. Go for it :)

Dang, talked me into it Paddy. :mpup

I'll leave this thread here cause I do want to complete this.

:beer

I've got busy :yipee

F4U003.jpg

The Aries cockpit went in fine, really had to thin down the walls on both the fuselage and the cockpit, ribs were showing on the cockpit.

F4U004.jpg

Lot of work went on inside and now you can't see it a bit...

F4U005.jpg

Shot of primer to check seams and gaps. Think I got it cleaned up pretty well.

F4U006.jpg

Don't know if this version of the Corsair had the lower window in the belly to help with landings, but this one will. there's a neat little detail under the window, more later.

F4U007.jpg

got to work on that seam, wish these folks would make their models where the seams lined up with panel lines.

Still don't know what scheme I'm going to do yet. The Flight Deck will be in Natural Wood so it'll have to be a squadron that was on a ship with a wooden, unpainted deck...any suggestions?? :coolio

Back