• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chris' B-25H and some goodies

Well here we are on assembly day. As I tried to slide the wings into the fuselage I noticed that the inner flap hinge point is inside the fuselage.

flap_to_fuselage.jpg

Anyone besides Hasegawa would realize that it would never work so the wings were pulled back out and slots were cut to delineate the flaps from the inboard fairings.

flap_to_fuselage_1.jpg

And reinstalled the wings. That's believable now.

Here we are, it's glued , primed and looked at. We are ready for paint !

ready_for_paint_001.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

B-25 is beautiful. Great work Chris! I have J version with solid nose, its a fantastic kit.

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks guys. Shot it with some Tamiya OD. earlier ( picture tomorrow ). What an ugly color to shoot. Definitely would have gone on better over black primer .

I have not shot any in years . Humbrol would not have done that :vmad

Cheers, christian B)

Checking on last night paint job I found it very streaky and worse as it marked and fingerprinted . I have never seen that with Tamiya paint. :(

paint_job_001a.jpg

So, I decided to add more paint and mixed 30% Future to the Tamiya mixture. As I started spraying it was evident of better coverage immediately :)

paint_job_002a.jpg

Finally, everything has a decent coating :cheer:

And this is what it looks like. I can see why we chose this color for camo . It is very hard to pick out any detail without good lighting.

paint_job_003a.jpg

That's all for tonight. I might get a chance to proceed with the next coat tomorrow.

Comments or suggestions are welcome. This has not been an easy paint to work with.

Cheer, Christian B)

Not sure this is what your asking Bob but by all means ask again if you need to.

I spray the Tamiya quite thin to start with, so it is translucent. This particular shade goes on quite dark but as it dries it lightens a lot revealing places where the coverage is not adequate.
I think it would have gone on better over a darker primer coat. Somehow, the dark absorb all the light reflected by the wet coat and you just can't see it correctly.
I don't think it's a paint problem per say as to my perception of what I think I see.

It did not due that with the Future mic though plus it make for a stronger more resilient coating.

Cheers, Christian B)

Ah, I see what you're talking about. I've seen that with other paints, get them too thin and it's almost like they have faded, like dead paint on that old beater car. Happened on the Piper Cub I did last year.

Good ! Just shot some Dark gray Vallejo primmer on the elevators and followed shortly By the Tamiya/Future mix and it came out good right away.

Please don't ask what shade of gray that is :rotf

Cheers, Christian

Back