• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Legacies", Both versions.

Re:"Legacies", both Versions July 29, 2010

simply awesome bob! there's always something to discover more, even after having drooled over them thousand times before!

Bob, I know i've said it before but simply inspireational work :notworthy :notworthy

You are the reason i simply cannot build anyhing on a base smaller than a coffee table! :gogo

Adrian

P.S: Why is the top floor of the hotel in Legacies 2 always in shadow??? :blush:

Re:

MrT wrote:
Bob that is still great stuff! It is hard for me to take it all in.

Terry :huh:

Thanks Terry,

I hear that a lot! Actually, I never set out to make them busy, it just seems to happen during the building process!

Bob

sharkmouth wrote:
Wonderful memories and still great work.

Regards,

Yeah, it's an oldie! Especially the first version. When I was posting it, I really noticed the quality change that came from the experience between the time I built the first one and the rebuild!

Bob

Re:

NyteScrybe wrote:
This is one of my favorites...the photos don't do it justice. The water alone blows my mind. It looks like you could just dip your fingers into it. :)

moon puppy wrote:

Gail and Bob jr. Sigh!!!!!!! :whhh :whhh :whhh With my kids as critics, how could I lose? I'm glad you two get along so well! :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

Pop

Re:

Kreighshoer wrote:
simply awesome bob! there's always something to discover more, even after having drooled over them thousand times before!

Thank God Laura, since everybody HAS seen them a thousand times!

Von Bulow wrote:
Bob, I know i've said it before but simply inspireational work :notworthy :notworthy

You are the reason i simply cannot build anyhing on a base smaller than a coffee table! :gogo

Adrian

P.S: Why is the top floor of the hotel in Legacies 2 always in shadow??? :blush:

Thanks Adrian, I just tried to lighten up the top floor in Legacies II in photoshop, only to totally bleach it out. I'll take another pic with more lighting and post it later.

Bob

Great work! A masterpiece !

BY far one the best super dioramas I have ever seen!

Regards
Noel

Thanks Noel,

I haven't heard from you in awhile! Was wondering where you were!

Bob

Hey Bob thanks for posting this. I remember the first one from the VP book, I have never seen the remake - Maybe you need to do one more? A rebuild of the first, up to your level today? :laugh:

Thanks John!

Once is enough, two is too much and three???????. Not happening man! :gogo :gogo :gogo :gogo :gogo :gogo

I'm just hoping I can finish my last big one!

http://tanksandthings.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=18&id=1333

Bob

Simply outstanding Bob

I must say I did have a sad moment when I heard the The original melted :(

I too must have looked at that a thousand times and everytime I saw something new

However from the fire the Phoenix does arise

I also love the new one too

If ever I do get down to St Louis please make sure theres lots of tissue around to mop up the drool, when in the Museum :woohoo:

"Legacies" Superdiorama, Before and After

A friend just paid a visit with a terrific camera. He took this pic and thought I would post it. Taken October 11, 2010.

One reason for the posting is so others can get an idea of the size of these "Superdioramas". I am just under 6 feet tall (1.524 meters) and weigh 210 pounds (95K).

10Oct11190a.jpg

Bob

Re: "Legacies", both Versions July 29, 2010

double premiere for me:

for the first time i could see "legacies" in its actual size and more or less complete! gigantic! i have seen just single spots yet and no matter how often i read of the measurments i never could imagine THAT size! killer!

the colors in that pic you posted are enormously cool! much more depth! just wonderful! comparing that with the older photos let's them look like as if the colors were sun bleached!

Back