• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Change of Plans Rev.1 - Dragon 250/3 Half-track

Time for a break. Off for a walk to enjoy this rare thing called sunshine. Then a couple chores (mow the lawn & change the oil in the Jeep) and probably get back to this tonight.

Bit of a setback last night. Ran into a couple areas on the rear panel & starboard fender that required some filler...as such I've lost some time. I'll catch up & follow along when I can (hoping to make some time tomorrow night).

Got the ejection marks cleaned up as well as a couple unused holes filled. Getting close to prime/paint now.

Looking pretty sweet!

Does anyone know why the steering wheel was mounted like it is in German halftracks? It just seems awkward to me. :idonno

Thanks guys. A bit behind the curve, but still slugging along. I was out of town last weekend so no progress. I'm hoping to shoot the interior w/ some grey primer tonight before I close up the hull, as I don't know exactly how well I'll be able to get coverage inside after it's assembled. At least this way I can just say any exposed primer is just the old grey paint showing through. :eek:hyeah

I would leave the interior dark grey. I don't think any that were grey and repainted had the interiors done as well.

Didn't get any pics last night, but the interior is primed. I'll shoot it in grey tonight, then let cure overnight and paint some of the inside details (rifles, radio rack, gauges) tomorrow before I close it up and lose access to the bits. Hope to have it closed up and exterior at least primed (I'd like to get the base grey down) before I leave town for a long weekend Saturday morning. :soldier

I've been severely delinquent...but we have a touch more progress. Once the rust wash dries, I'll do a second dirty wash followed by a little dry brushing of bare metal. Then button up time.

Back