• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CALL TO ARMS CAMPAIGN SIGN UP

The Storch is almost done so i think i throw in another donation and build one more kit in this great campaign :D
Was inspired to see Veerle build the 88 so i decided to open mine to (we bought 2 of the same)
Mine will be in dark yellow and supposed to be towed by my sWS
//Mats

Hi All

After discussing things with Moon Puppy, I'm going to change my build. But, not only am I changing my build, I will be pulling others in with me.

My oldest son, Cam (aka Camdemonium) came back from a trip to his Aunt's with some plunder. The plunder being some kits, one of which was the Airfix 1/76 scale Panther tank. So, I brain farted, and thought why don't we build the same kit together in the CTA build.

Then, my youngest son, Logan, asked "When can I build a model with you dad?", so, I thought why not have him join Cam and I with this.

So, we now have 3 Airfix Panthers, and 3 Mooar's ready to build them (donation has been made, just waiting confirmation).

Cam and I will be posting our builds simultaneously, and Logan will post via my account (being 6, he is a tad young for interweb community accounts), but I will make it clear that it is his posts.

This will be a great introduction for Logan to our great hobby, and a great opportunity for Cam to hone his skills. I will be getting them to do everything from cutting, sanding, building, painting, and I will be teaching them to do the photography of their builds. The only assistance I will be giving will be advice and encouragement with their build, and preparation of paint if they choose to paint them with the airbrush.

This is a great chance for the kids to both learn, and to help assist with the condition that has taken their Grandmother (my side), and has caused their Grandfather (Mother's side) to have a kidney removed, so the reality of this scourge is there for them to see and to do their part towards its cure.

I'm really looking forward to this build. Work commitments until now has meant I have not had much time to spend time with the kids.. so this is going to benefit the three of us.

Cheers

Rob

I'm terrible with the whole group build/finishing at all thing but put me down for Trumpeters 1/72 Ilyushin Il-28 'Beagle'. Might throw some detail sets on it too. Even if I don't get started i'm more than happy to donate to the cause!

I'm terrible with the whole group build/finishing at all thing but put me down for Trumpeters 1/72 Ilyushin Il-28 'Beagle'. Might throw some detail sets on it too. Even if I don't get started i'm more than happy to donate to the cause!
That should be cool.Looking forward to it.
:popcorn
James

Hi All,

I'm in with a MiniArt T-70M and a T-80 light tank, ordered them and just waiting for them to arrive :D

Cheers Erik

Thanks guys. Now that life has mellowed out and my workshop is back in order, I figure its time to return here with something to show!

Well thanks to ChukW and his inspiration I joined the alliance, did a nice donate and am going to build (if I can in the time left) A Warhammer 40k Storm Eagle resin conversion kit.
It will probably go down to the wire on this beast, but I will give it a good go anyway.

Hopefully it won't be one of these kind of deals --> :bang head

Back