• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BV 138 Flying Clog

What a ride and great finish Chris!

I like it, like how you got a good clear demark at the water line, like it was painted while in the water or it had washed away.

Super job! :notworthy

Looking forward to seeing it Saturday.

Thanks Bob. Didn't I tell you I found a secret video on how to paint under water :rotf

Anyhow, glad you like it . The water line was probably the easiest part of the paint job

Cheers, Christian B)

Wonderful ride, thanx for allowing us to tag-along. Finished model is simply excellent. Well modelled, sir.

Ian.

Thanks Gator and Luiz the for the positive comments :Hiay

Finally , this epic battle has run it's course :v . Thanks for tagging along till the end :soldier

I know a lot of you like clean planes, so I warn you now. This is not one of them .

Well, I hope that at least some of you like it.

I tried to picture what a seaplane might look like if it was used hard late in the war.

I had no idea how to paint it but this is what ensued . :frantic

clog_finishe__2_003_a.jpg

Clog_finished_001_a.jpg

Clog_finished_003_a.jpg

Clog_finished_005_a.jpg

clog_finised__3_001_a.jpg

Clog_finished_003_a.jpg

Clog_finished_004_a.jpg

Now it's ready to go in another big box and go to the show . Wonder if any of them will like it.

Last time they only liked shinny things :sick:

A big thank you to everyone that helped me get through this build . You are many :D

Anyhow, I'm glad you tagged along all this way (y) Hope you like it.

Cheers, Christian B)
What a bloody STUNNING model The best one yet :notworthy

Looks great Chris (y) (y) (y) as for over weathered, I don't think so, it's just how I would expect something that is constantly exposed to sea water and salt sea air to look, great job !

Thanks Barney. Missed most of the rain . Good company and a very good Mexican meal even though I was the only one to be convinced of it :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Luiz . Glad you liked it . I have to admit, I had no idea how the camo would turn out but in the end I trick it into looking the way I pictured it in my mind . :coolio
Learned a lot by trial, error and a good deal of luck.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks great Chris (y) (y) (y) as for over weathered, I don't think so, it's just how I would expect something that is constantly exposed to sea water and salt sea air to look, great job !

Thanks for your vote of confidence Garry . It's all based from conjecture on my part .

I've never seen an airplane that spent anytime in water .

They would not let us play with the F-4's in the water at McDill AFB :rotf

A big thank you for supplying the extra decals (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well that looks fantastic.

The weathering came out like you said you were going for.
Should be eye catching at the show--good luck

Didn't catch the last of this build until now as I have been away.

Superb job on the finish Christian, that doesn't even look like the same kit. If I didn't know, I would have guessed this was the expensive HML kit!

The wood cribbing looks great too!

A truly fantastic job!

B)

It's hard to believe this is that same ancient kit I used to see on the shelves way back when! A most impressive build, Chris- you stuck to it and the results are fantastic! :drinks

Hi Prop duster . Glad you liked the build . Even happier that you liked the weathering .

My first time trying several new weathering techniques so I'm thrilled not only to have pulled it off to my expectations and even better to have someone else enjoy it . Thank you . :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Didn't catch the last of this build until now as I have been away.

Superb job on the finish Christian, that doesn't even look like the same kit. If I didn't know, I would have guessed this was the expensive HML kit!

The wood cribbing looks great too!

A truly fantastic job!

B)

Thanks Warren . Glad you got a chance to catch your breath and look into the site.

Thank you for the kind words . I actually enjoyed the challenge of building this monster and I am very pleased of the way it turned out.

I have looked in many times (in hyperscale ) on that expensive HML kit trying to find some extra details I might have missed .

Frankly , I would not trade my humble model for the very pricey HML . I find it missing a good bit of details in comparison. :(

Thanks for looking in . Always enjoy your comments. Cheers, Christian B)

It's hard to believe this is that same ancient kit I used to see on the shelves way back when! A most impressive build, Chris- you stuck to it and the results are fantastic! :drinks

Thanks Chuck . Very meaningful to me to get compliments from such a gifted builder as yourself .

Walking on the wild side on the finish was rather scary but it worked out in the end . Very happy you liked it.

I was begging to think I would never see it built but after procrastinating over it for 35 , it is finally complete.......except for that cotton picking transporter :blink

In the end, I'm sort of like a bad summer cold . Terribly hard to shake off .

Cheers, Christian B)

Apologies for missing your finsh Christian, told you this one would be the "Ducks Guts" !!!

Really cool mate! :drinks :notworthy (y)

Apologies for missing your finsh Christian, told you this one would be the "Ducks Guts" !!!

Really cool mate! :drinks :notworthy (y)

Thanks Phil . Appreciate your comments . :D

Just found out yesterday that the post office thinks they have found the missing package with the RATO units.

Those should have arrived on the 10th of this.

We will get an update after a while. :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back