• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader 'On deck'

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Stencils going on:

Four sessions in, and I still have the whole left side of the fuselage to do !!. All finished on the right side, so going to take a break for a day or so. More soon.

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Love your panel lines! Hate your stencils! Not your work, but the amount of them. That would drive me insane putting all of them on. :gogo

Tim

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Wow, I'd be going stir crazy with all those stencils as well. Nice work! Good idea taking your time. It took me four days to get the stenciling and other decals on the 1/32 scale F-5 Tiger II I built. I was a bit stir crazy afterwards, that's for sure!

Looking forward to seeing more.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Stencils going on:

Four sessions in, and I still have the whole left side of the fuselage to do !!. All finished on the right side, so going to take a break for a day or so. More soon.

Ian.
Fantasticly absurd :popcorn

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Thassit, I'm done !! :gogo :gogo :gogo :gogo

h965d37f.JPG

h763dce6.JPG

h82029f5.JPG

All 'standard' decals on, all stencils on and I'm off to lie-down in a darkened room for a day or two !!

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Amen to that brother. I'd take a break too if I had done all those stencils! Take a well deserved break. :java

Tim

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Almost two months since the last update - there's been a lot going-on including the death of two airbrushes on the same day !!. All resolved now and here's the F-8 in it's overall satin varnish (Humbrol) and only in need now of final assembly.

hec6e682.JPG

hcd0ab52.JPG

h2ba6f09.JPG

hb671d76.JPG

h28b0b80.JPG

hfbe7384.JPG

h015c273.JPG

Please let me know what you think, I'm very keen to know.

More soon - well, sooner than seven weeks !!

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Is that panel between the gear actually lighter/cleaner? Or is that just the camera playing tricks?

Regardless, I think it looks lovely. I don't think the gloss painted birds ever got as "rough" looking as the flat tactical schemes. I know the Hawkeyes & CODs paint was always in much better shape aesthetically while I was onboard. So in regards to those impressions, I think you have captured the essence of a maintained in service aircraft beautifully. :good:

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

I think it looks fantastic! I'm doing one too, but I know it ain't gonna look this good. Like Helios said, you really captured the essence of a maintained in service aircraft. Way to go!

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader 'In the pattern'

Couple of hours today, so managed to get all the 'dangly bits' on to the fuselage. Not looking too bad eh ? :coolio

h4c60b14.JPG

h1ddaf1e.JPG

h7fe0cf1.JPG

h73eba9c.JPG

haf60eba.JPG

habb6908.JPG

hceca545.JPG

h379efcb.JPG

Looks like it could be done by start of the working week !! :java

Ian.

Back