• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bison II 15cm s.IG 33 (Sfl.) auf Pz.Kpfw.II

Hi everyone. Back home. Did a bit of modeling and here is where I am. A lot of this is dry fitted on. Plugging away slowly.

h03a3d8c.JPG

h995d382.JPG

h67736de.JPG

h13840f7.JPG

Now I need to get some paint to do the inside so I can go a bit further. I'll use the colours I think I saw John mention for the exterior on the interior. Need to work on track also.
James

I have been thinking a little buit and will have the engine doors closed. My reasoning is, if its cold enough that everyone was bundled up at night then the engine would be better off with covers closed until the heat of the day required them to be opened. Also protection from sand. Probably not correct but until I see something otherwise it seems reasonable to me.
James

No idea about the interior color on this thing, maybe fun to do a dark grey interior? Maybe Brian can chime in.

Hello James ,

Your tarp idea is fine , but these vehicles came at the time in mid / late 42 when they were factory painted in and out as African. So I would avoid the Grey paint. Here are a bunch of phototos and one in particular has a great top pic showing all yellow inside.. Hope they help.

OK James,

Here’s the pic I was looking for the original from that top view. I have read that this is a real color clip from a roll from I believe Time magazine in 1942. I have heard a few times that this is an original color clip not colorized.Hope this helps.

Brian
h930e681.jpeg

While this throws a monkey wrench into the accuracy of this vehicle being originally grey, you can certainly still play along with desert brown over grey, or you can skip the grey and just follow along with the desert weathering. Either or, whatever makes you happy.

Just be sure to wear your striped shirt and jaunty cap while you build it, James. :mpup :D :good:

Thanks guys. Those pics help. Now just need to keep building and wait for extra figure and some paint to arrive. Well should be here by End week also I think so time to fig out a frame and see how to pose this.
James

It's been awhile but I read somewhere that the Dark Gray were shipped from Germany and the Desert Yellow were brought in from Italy where they were repainted. :idonno

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Back