• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bison II 15cm s.IG 33 (Sfl.) auf Pz.Kpfw.II

Let the Aggravation begin!!!. Rant on The instructions for the gun and its multi part cradle for the barrel suck. I got everything together reasonably well although it was very trying. Went to do some more this afternoon and i glued one piece in backwards. Destroyed it taking it off. Sigh. I'll rob the Bison I and then later look for the standalone gun I have hidden somewhere in the basement to do the Bison I. So started on hull. Wheels done okay. Putting the arms together and they are basically all different numbers. Left side calls for 4 part 5s and right side 4x part 2 and all the rest different ones. Got the part 5s cleaned up and go to install and they dont go where they are shown to go. They go on right side. Okay part 6 cleaned and try to put on right side seeing as I figure they just reversed the parts. Nope, its labeled correctly. Time for a small break. Checked build blogs and noone mentions this problem. Also 2 reviews and both mention the missing radio rack which is actually not missing. So forget reviews and build blogs and just tackle this on my own.Rant off.
Thinking maybe tonight is a pizza night.
James

Don't forget the beer!

hec94247_2019-05-05.jpg

You guys are too funny :laugh:
So I couldnt sleep and decided to do something constructive. Painted my BUK track and then looked for my s.IG 33 kit in order to finish the cradle. Looking around the dark corners I found a figure set I have been looking for online. I know I looked before but missed it. Now I dont need to search any more. Started looking for the resin wicker ammo for this kit but could not find it. Must be in a kit somewhere. I did find the Moskit exhaust for my Bison II though so that was way cool. Also saw some anti tank mines and figured they might work for the vignette. So a pretty good morning so far :)
Oh and the hull is almost done on the Bison II. Picks of that a bit later.

h47126a3.JPG

hf61d8a2.JPG

James

You guys are too funny :laugh:
So I couldnt sleep and decided to do something constructive. Painted my BUK track and then looked for my s.IG 33 kit in order to finish the cradle. Looking around the dark corners I found a figure set I have been looking for online. I know I looked before but missed it. Now I dont need to search any more. Started looking for the resin wicker ammo for this kit but could not find it. Must be in a kit somewhere. I did find the Moskit exhaust for my Bison II though so that was way cool. Also saw some anti tank mines and figured they might work for the vignette. So a pretty good morning so far :)
Oh and the hull is almost done on the Bison II. Picks of that a bit later.

h47126a3.JPG

hf61d8a2.JPG

James

Plus model Rocks. I like Moskit, but rarely use what I have as once covered in grime, not worth the money!

Back