• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Asking opinions

vicnic

I'm very close to finish a new bust.It's some very complex,a Space Assault Trooper,with his own flight autonomus device..transparent helmet to the front side...a lot of extra.Anyway,I still have the option to insert an hidden electronic system .What I'm thinking...a sensor who detect the darkness,and automatically light on a hidden led incorporated into the helmet iluminated the face of the trooper during the night.To the morning,when the sensor detect the day light,automatically turn of the light.
Nothing will be visible from outside,only you will see his face on light,behind the transparent front part of helmet.
Sounds creazy???
Please I want to hear your opinions about this

Sounds like a very cool night-light. please do it and show us pictures.

Cheers,

Bill

Sounds fun but experiment with the position of the LED as it will throw shadows if mounted close to the face altering the look on the face considerably. side mount will light half the nose . Centre top will make eye recess's dark and highlight cheeks etc. Could be fun if you get it right. (y)

That would be cool. Just a matter of finding the parts. They sell nightlites with the dark sensors in them. One could be re-wired
if need be. A friend of mine re-wired a cordless screwdriver motor to run an elevator for a train layout.

Idea is approved!

Mike B)

Thanks guys !
Next week I 'll try to show it here,and we can discuss about him at the table".
A picture is worth a 1000 words,right.
All the best

Back