• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AN INITIAL KT...JUST FINISHED!

AN INITIAL KT...THE TURRET.

Thank you , Mike, Piet,Bob, Chris, Duke and Paul for the support...soon a new update :drinks

Luiz.

AN INITIAL KT...Sept.12nd Update.

Hi all!

I had to make a plan change, instead of painting the turret I chose to start working on the hull and suspension ... I chose to leave the painting to the end.

The rear part where we can see the initial configuration, such as : square pattern rear eyebolts, no use of the wrench and its base, really a very simple pattern.

I´ll make several weld seams, it´s the first:

The tracks will be a hard task...145 pieces, both sides :

See you soon...

Luiz.

Impressive work man! That is some real sharp work. When I see those tracks though, it makes me glad I only build 1/72 scale armor!

Looking good Luiz! Keep it coming man!

Hi Luiz, the details and the manufacturing look to be better on this than any KT kit I have seen before.
I certainly feel the boxart is the best i have seen and this is true for all of their new boxart.
What is your opinion on the quality of this kit and how much detail there is ....how does it 'stack-up against Tamiya and Dragon ones?

Ian.

Impressive work man! That is some real sharp work. When I see those tracks though, it makes me glad I only build 1/72 scale armor!

Looking good Luiz! Keep it coming man!

Thank you for your support friend! :drinks

Luiz.

Hi Luiz, the details and the manufacturing look to be better on this than any KT kit I have seen before.
I certainly feel the boxart is the best i have seen and this is true for all of their new boxart.
What is your opinion on the quality of this kit and how much detail there is ....how does it 'stack-up against Tamiya and Dragon ones?

Ian.

Dear Ian, I agree with you, this is the best KT that I did until now...the small details are very convicing...the engineering of the model is superb...the tracks are superb, very fine!...the only thing that worried me and give a lot of work was the fit of the two parts of the hull (superior and inferior)...the fit requires great care. I do not known about KT from Meng Models, I think that it´s very good too :eek:ldguy

Best regards!

Luiz.

I like the job you’re doing here, it’s inspirational!
I cracked open a Takom king tiger at the beginning of August (the kit with full interior and engine and all) agreed it’s a really great kit! Mine will take a while to complete to be certain

I like the job you’re doing here, it’s inspirational!
I cracked open a Takom king tiger at the beginning of August (the kit with full interior and engine and all) agreed it’s a really great kit! Mine will take a while to complete to be certain

I´d like to see this KT with your magic :eek:ldguy

:drinks

Luiz.

Thanks I’ll get some pictures up, it never occurred to me (for some reason) to show the build, keep in mind I build mostly airplanes riiight?
But I like the kit so much I’m going to go pick up the full interior Porsche turret version...

Thanks I’ll get some pictures up, it never occurred to me (for some reason) to show the build, keep in mind I build mostly airplanes riiight?
But I like the kit so much I’m going to go pick up the full interior Porsche turret version...

...for sure, it will be a masterpiece :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

AN INITIAL KT...THE TRACKS...

Hi all!

A very tiring job, but I think that the final results were good, see the photos:

Note that at this time the Notek light cable was instaled, I used a thin welding wire, Takom provided one, but it was bkoken whem I removed it from the sprue :

Till the next update!

Luiz.

AN INITIAL KT...THE TRACKS...

The tracks look good, Luiz. Just the right amount of sag. :good:

Back