• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Atlanta 2011

I didn't get there in time for the MA group photo :pinch: but did make it and it was nice to talk to Christian on the phone for a minute anyway. :D

I see you liked the Albatross too Mike, it was very nicely done (y)

I picked up some items I needed too but agree with Mike...you couldn't look at the venders displays for getting bumped and shoved cause of the lack of isle space.

Tim

Albatross_1.jpg

Nautilus.jpg

Trooper.jpg

We talked about waiting for you, but got hungry, so chili won out!! Guess we could do it again one of these days??

WoW !! Looks like a Great time !! Sorry to hear th Vendor Room was a Sardine can ! Hopefully that won't be th story at th International show in Fredericksburg !!

Thanx for posting th pix !!

ERIK

Check your plan dimensions against the physical dimensions! What a cluster that was!! :idonno

We talked about waiting for you, but got hungry, so chili won out!! Guess we could do it again one of these days??

Chili!!? well I can sure understand that :lol:
My wife had a ball and loved the figures, especially the sci-fi stuff. She kept grabbing stuff from the venders tables saying you need this but my wallet kept sayin' no I don't :pinch: :lol:

Tim

Seems the show wasn't up to your expectations, Mike, but I guess that the road trip with Chris, the chili and the buys, made it all worthwhile, eh! ;) From what I've read here at MA, Andy would've been a happy camper there, what with all the figures and some zombies, like the ones in your pics. :laugh:

The Albatros really caught my eye - beautiful finish and what a cool paint scheme! It also had a very nice figure. The three Operation Barbarossa displays are awesome and I'd loved to see them in the flesh. As James said, there's so much to take in! It took me some 15 min looking at the pics just to be satisfied as a "first glance"... really cool! :notworthy

As I've said before, I envy (in a good way) you guys getting together and spending some time together over the hobby... :)

Cheers and thanx for the pix! B)

Seems the show wasn't up to your expectations, Mike, but I guess that the road trip with Chris, the chili and the buys, made it all worthwhile, eh! ;) From what I've read here at MA, Andy would've been a happy camper there, what with all the figures and some zombies, like the ones in your pics. :laugh:

What ! eh! figures, Zombies,... who mentioned beer ? :D

In all seriousnessness I would have loved to have gone, theres quite a few top figure painters that I would have loved to have met plus some good seminars that I missed out on :(

Pictures Pictures we all need that essential photographic evidence :ro:

The vendor room was definitely tight but you did get to know your neighbor a lot better. That was small potatoes though compared to the quality of work at the show and how well it was ran. Registration and awards ran very smoothly. This was a new venue for those folks so I expect the bugs will be worked out or maybe not as many bugs for next year.

Back