• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Atlanta 2011

Uh ! I would love to go, but th current Lack-of-Job situation really puts it out of reach ! I'm just glad that AMPS International show is in My backyard.

I'll be there in Spirit MIKE !! GO get 'em Champ ! (y) :D

Take lots o' pix !

ERIK

I'm in for pictures and looking to spend this birthday money! Is there a list of vendors somewhere?

MIKE,

Here's Their link - http://www.ampsatlanta.org/Atlanta_Show_Information_9C.html

They had another post here are th Vendors -

We're just a few weeks away from the AMPS Atlanta Show February 18-20, 2011. We sure hope you are planning on coming! Here are some of the highlight vendors who will be at the show this year: Tiger Production, Wespe Models, Formations, Tank Workshop, Mid Tenn Hobbies, Tiger Model Designs, Hobbytown USA, Red Lancers, Bobes Hobbies, Sentinel Miniatures, New World Miniatures, and Michael Roberts to name a few. Over 120 vendor tables will show these and other vendors wares over the course of the show. For more details, visit our web site show page at:

This was posted on th 31st. of January.

Looks like a Cool show down in Hot 'Lanta !!

ERIK

Me and the Mrs. will be there. My folks are visiting that weekend so they're tagging along too....if we don't get lost trying to find it. I'm also on a mission for a couple of items so I'll be checking out the venders as well.

Tim

We left early (for a day off) and arrived at the venue around 10AM to an overflowing parking lot! We managed to squeeze into the last space in the lot and headed inside to see what fun and plunder lay ahead! The registration and admission lines looked well laid out and went smoothly (we did not enter anything) and we proceeded to the vendor room. I should have taken photos of this fiasco, but there wasn't any space to do so! Talk about a can of sardines!! The aisles were narrow, to the point that if one person was looking at something on each side of the aisle, there wasn't room to pass them! We found out later that the layout plans of the room provided were 10 feet shorter than actual size, kind of like putting a 1/35 scale barrel on a 1/48 scale turret! In all fairness, this is the first year using this venue, but it severely detracted from my enjoyment of the day! We managed to navigate the room, found a few bargains, made a couple purchases and proceeded to the exhibit hall. This is a three day event, so I suspect all the entries had not arrived yet, but as of about 1PM on Saturday, the entries were very light. Figures dominated the room, with many excellent efforts. Here's a few that caught my eye...

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

The last several photos were from a display based on the German viewpoint of Kursk, comprised of three displays that measured about 3 feet square and had so much going on in each, I did not have time to take it all in! We were pleasantly surprised to find an excellent hobby shop, AAA Hobbies in Marietta, GA. The fellows there were friendly and seemed like they had an active club membership as well. They even turned us on to Rocco's Chili, voted best chili in Georgia, Tennessee AND Florida! I can't speak to best in 3 states, but it WAS good chili!! We went up the road to Kennesaw, GA to the largest Hobbytown USA I have ever seen! This place was mammoth, with everything a hobbyist could want! Their pricing was not competitive, however, I suppose everything comes at a price! We missed Hood and Mrs Hood, wish we could have met up with them, but did a little recruiting while we were there, so maybe we can bring in a new member or two?

Well dang...I sure did miss it. Would have been worth the trip for the LHS and Chili, but that ride back would have been a long drive...hope the windows were rolled down.

Wish I could have made it, would have been more fun than Work work work...

Back