• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Thanks MP ... on the other hand I'm building the livestock & supply car ...

ha105436.JPG

hdddb38f.JPG

Decking for bottom of car going on ...

h7264f6f.JPG

Finished the top photo is before I evened the overall tone of gray out bottom is finished deck ...

h7fec52d.JPG

h861e918.JPG

Also some work on contents of supply area ... I may put barrows on stand in if they will fit ...

h185c477.JPG

End bolt detail .... I used Testors rust for Boxcar red paint close enough ...

ha45b13e.JPG

ha45b13e_2016-10-19.JPG

Starting on side walls .... :salute .... those magnets are worth their weight in gold when it comes to aligning a build on a drawing ... (y)

"It's a beautiful bridge and it's gonna be there".

I had a bunch of parts and pieces kicking around in the parts box and since my tooth problem eased up a fair bit I decided that I'd build a small bridge just for fun.

The bridge decking is from a 1/32 scale toy farm shed. I joined threee sections togerther then trimmed it to width.

There's actually a very nice woodgrain pattern moulded onto these pieces. It doesn't show up very well on the grey so here're a couple of images of the same panel piece on the back of an identical shed kit I built and painted some time ago.

The tan handrails are three sections of Italeri telegraph poles scarfed together. There are two of the long pieces and one short piece per handrail.

The upright posts and the braces are the posts from the Tamiya Barricade Set 35027.

The bricks under the bridge at the ends are from some old building pieces I bought at a thrift store many years ago.

To give an idea of the size of this bridge here's an image with an uncompleted jeep on it.

Cheers from Peter

EJ I drag my Razor saw at a 45 degree angle to get wood grain ... then I use the grey markers ....

h39e830d.jpg

I use a 30% & 40% cool grey for the grey tones then I add some 40% warm grey to get the brown wood color ... Only I use the chisel point markers :salute

Thanks, I gotta try that. I do wooden boats (not ships), little working boats. I like to make the duckboards and boat racks to look like weathered wood. This really looks realistic.

EJ

Been a rainy day-- great day to watch a Jason Bourne movie and play at the bench a bit. The Ju-87G I am working on a review for is letting some glue set and then I will get some pics- but in the meantime, I finished my MBT build :)
IMG_20161022_200643961_HDR~0.jpg

IMG_20161022_200707147_HDR.jpg

Finally getting some bench time and worked on the 1S6 today. I not dislike Panda a great deal. Brittle plastic and they use umpteen microscopic pieces where 1 or 2 would have been better. Shelved it. I dont have the patience to handle it. Working on my MTLB snar 10 and realized that you should never switch directions part way through a build. This is going to take some work. Frustrated now. Thinking of starting a King Tiger but do I dare??
James

I had troubled with the brittle stuff also James ... Hang in there ...

Mean while I built all the panels for the Livestock & supply car ... that needs finished this weekend ... only to find the scale was a bit off and pen was too large for flatcar ,,,,

h906842f.JPG

h432dc0c.JPG

So I removed end slats and revamped the sides and reattached ... onward through the fog ... :salute

Ok I must go outside and work on the Man Cave ... Truck what ever ...

h7272fac.JPG

h9e4dde5.JPG

Top of flat is looking very good .....

hbe9ef33.JPG

hbe9ef33_2016-10-26.JPG

hb3f39f9.JPG

Lots of different ways to adjust the load ... I think the Barrel rack looks good as a addition to the car ...

I'm also working on the Cannon Car for my Jefferson, Texas Module ... They had a foundry back in the days Of the WONA ...

h5eae018.JPG

h6b00dea.JPG

hbc9e955.JPG

trying to determine if it looks better with 3 cannons on a car 4 or Six ... Then I'll add blocks & chains ...

Thanks fellers ... researching foundries now at Jefferson they made Cannon Balls I think don't think they made cannons ... but History is being changed everyday lately .... :woohoo: (y)

Back