• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Very nice builds going on here ...

Mike I'd really like the see the red tail mustang ...

Ed nice looking details in there ...

Laurence great fire wagon .... Me the truck and varmint will be eradicated today ... Think it's a Squirrel ... He needs to find another House to chew on ..... :bat :woohoo: (y)

Thanks Gerry. This Tiger-I (early) has some fairly nice detail. I haven't glued anything inside the hull yet as I plan to blast some color into it then once that's done, I can start attaching stuff... :frantic Stay tuned! :drinks

Thanks MP, saw that. The trouble is that I started this model in late December last year, it was a Xmas present, so I don't qualify for that campaign.

Laurence

Not crazy about the fit of the hull top to the resin pieces....gotta figure how to gap fill without losing the zimm detail...
100_8209.jpg

In the meantime- to avoid stress ;) I did a couple Bandai builds for Star Wars for my son's room....
boba.jpg

ywing.jpg

All these models are looking great! Well done on all the progress.

I got some progress done at my Hobby Day weekend, including finishing one aircraft. I hope to get pics posted some time later this week.

Grandson off school for 2 days, sooooo, work on the defender. Selected and applied the decals, touched up some OD green and hosed it down with a coat of flat clear. That really blended everything in nicely.

We will be taking it to the club meeting on the 23rd to show.

EJ

Not crazy about the fit of the hull top to the resin pieces....gotta figure how to gap fill without losing the zimm detail...
100_8209.jpg

quote]

How about using a small syringe without the needle? I find that they can give a very fine line/amount exactly where you want it. Then smooth it with alcohol and there's virtually no sanding required.

Cheers

The grandson showed me how to post a video. He's much more tech savvy than I. A nice video. Just click on the picture.

EJ

Grandson off school for 2 days, sooooo, work on the defender. Selected and applied the decals, touched up some OD green and hosed it down with a coat of flat clear. That really blended everything in nicely.

We will be taking it to the club meeting on the 23rd to show.

EJ

Truly nice work EJ! I'm sure it'll be a hit at the meeting!! Your grandson sure does very nice work (y) (y)

EJ, that truck is looking fantastic! Your boy's model will be the hit of the show!

Okay, I finally have some time to post some of my own progress here. I'll start with a few simple models that I only got a little done with.

This Panzer II was finally completed up to the wheels and tracks. I even painted the muffler before I enclose it behind the P/E screen that goes around it. After that, I can get it painted:

WIP_Panzer_II_35th_II~0.jpg

WIP_Panzer_II_35th_III.jpg

Next I started a Russian Aircraft Carrier for the Shipbuilder's Campaign here as well as the Aircraft Carrier Group Build on another Forums. I added all the tiny fiddly bits and decks along both sides of the carrier island:

WIP_ShipbuildersSquaredCampaign_III.jpg

WIP_ShipbuildersSquaredCampaign_IV.jpg

I left all the forward deck parts off since I was concerned they'd break when I finally added this to the main deck.

Next I cemented the interior hull pieces that needed to go on and then I added the main deck to the top of the hull. Since parts of the deck didn't line up with the upper hull too well, I took my time lining up the edges and hitting them with Tamiya Extra Thin as I went around the edges of this ship. Here's a couple shots of the deck completed. I placed the island on the deck to show how it will look when it is finally glued onto the deck. Right now, I'm leaving it off until it's time to paint:

WIP_ShipbuildersSquaredCampaign_V.jpg

WIP_ShipbuildersSquaredCampaign_VI.jpg

After this, I got down to business and moved further along on the C-118. I painted the cockpit and then added the decal sheet for the instrument panel:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_VII.jpg

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_VIII.jpg

I'm not sure why I bothered, that won't be seen through the cockpit windows anyway. Oh well, I know it's there.

The instructions called for about 40grams of weight in the nose. This looks about right:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_IX.jpg

Actually, it's a little more than I need. I used the converter on my phone to convert 40 grams into ounces and it came up to 1.4 ounces. I put three half-ounce bullet weights and one 1/4-ounce bullet weight. This puppy won't be sitting on her tail!

Once that was secure, I closed up the fuselage halves and then added the main wings:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_X.jpg

The fuselage on this bird was slightly warped so I started at one end with some Tamiya Extra Thin and slowly glued around the edges section by section. Once the one section was secure, I used the twist ties to pull the fuselage together some more; added more Tamiya Extra Thin and tightened it up. On and on until all the edges had been glued. I used tape to hold together parts that twist ties couldn't hold; and clamps on the flat tail surfaces. Then I added the wings....

There are some pretty serious gaps at the wing roots of this bird so I will try out some Tamiya putty I found on my workbench the last time I did that major cleanup. I didn't even know I had any, but I found it and I will try that on the wing roots to see if I can get a smooth transition. You can see how big this bird is on my workbench, I have no space to work on this:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_XI.jpg

The final thing I did to this was to add the main windscreen/canopy:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_XII.jpg

This way I can hopefully blend that into the rest of the fuselage so it looks like it is one complete piece after painting. Another lesson learned from the DC-6....

Now the Liftmaster War begins.......

Moving on to my small scale armor, I pulled out the little Russian Fire Truck and finished building the rear tank and the hose and ladder holder. The bench behind the cabin looks crooked, but I checked it and it is on there straight. That is one interesting optical illusion there:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_VI.jpg

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_VII.jpg

After that, I took some time to add the photo-etch to one of the two armored trains I'm building. For fun, here's the one engine without any photo-etch:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIIa.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIIb.jpg

Compare that with the engine that is complete with all the photo-etch attached:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIIc.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIId.jpg

Well, I was on a roll so I started adding the Photo-etch to one of the armored cars for this train. After another hour and a half, it got done:

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIIIa.jpg

WIP_OnRRTracksGB_XXIIIb.jpg

By this time I was going stark raving mad, so it was time to calm down with a nice relaxing, simple build. I found that with this set here which I decided to start for another Group Build on another Forums:

WIP_OTS2016_I.jpg

I figured: I need one for the other; and I have a V-2 already built that needs to be transported so I'd build both.

It was a good start. I did the chassis on the SS-100 Gigant first:

WIP_OTS2016_II.jpg

Wow, what a great fit! Moving on I added some more details and the fenders on this:

WIP_OTS2016_IX.jpg

I finished that part up with a few more parts on top:

WIP_OTS2016_VIII.jpg

Later I started on a part of the cab. I assembled the interior and the forward engine cover. I stopped there so I could paint the interior before completing the assembly of the cab:

WIP_OTS2016_VI.jpg

WIP_OTS2016_VII.jpg

That was fun! After that I set everything aside and went to work on the Meilerwagen. I started, of course, with the wheel assemblies:

WIP_OTS2016_III.jpg

I realized later that those two single wheels were supposed to be double wheels. Easy fix taken care of later. Next I assembled the lower part of the trailer and added the wheel assemblies:

WIP_OTS2016_IV.jpg

After that, I only had to assemble the rocket cradle and add it to the trailer:

WIP_OTS2016_V.jpg

Now I just have a bunch of tiny fiddly bits to add to that and it'll be done and ready for paint. That was quick! I'm looking forward to seeing this carrying my V-2 Rocket!

Okay, that's all I have for now. I have a lot to do next week so I don't know how much I'll be able to get done beyond this. Until then, comments are welcome; thanks for looking in.

Well I've been off from work for 16 hours now and have not been called yet. I'm going to check out here and head to the bench :good:

See you later :drinks

Back