• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures TBM-1C (Bomber Command) DONE

Re: Accurate Miniatures TBM-1C (Bomber Command)

Moving along ! a big bird for a single engined airplane. Not unlike the Skyraiders .

Good idea spraying the turret before the installation .

I really wish the COE people had stayed in business . I enjoyed the few paints I got from them.

Cheers, Christian B)

I kind of got so into the build that I forgot to take some photos, but she is done now. Finished her up in Color of Eagles Paint. Very nice paint by the way. This was my first time using Techmod decals. They were interesting to use. Quite a few of them were very brittle and would just shatter when being put down over any kind of raised detail. The sheet came with complete stencil markings, but they all lifted when I sprayed the clear coat over them. That was after a several day period also. Did some research and it seems that people have issues with Techmod. Quite a few people said if you get a sheet printed on white backed paper it will be bad. Well mine was white. I went with #93 from Vt-15 off of the USS Essex. This bird has a very moving history http://www.loyceedeen.org/ The video on that page really made the Pacific War seem even more real.

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

Thanks guys. It was a very fun build overall. The directions were a bit vague in places but not to bad. Just watch out for those dang techmod decals if you ever decide to use some.

I kind of got so into the build that I forgot to take some photos, but she is done now. Finished her up in Color of Eagles Paint. Very nice paint by the way. This was my first time using Techmod decals. They were interesting to use. Quite a few of them were very brittle and would just shatter when being put down over any kind of raised detail. The sheet came with complete stencil markings, but they all lifted when I sprayed the clear coat over them. That was after a several day period also. Did some research and it seems that people have issues with Techmod. Quite a few people said if you get a sheet printed on white backed paper it will be bad. Well mine was white. I went with #93 from Vt-15 off of the USS Essex. This bird has a very moving history http://www.loyceedeen.org/ The video on that page really made the Pacific War seem even more real.

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

Awesome one my son!! (y)

Thanks guys. I sure do love these big Accurate Miniature kits. Now should I pull out the B-25 and take a shot at it lol.

Back