• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy GMC M12

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Hi All :Hiay

I started on this SPG July 16th so I could post something on that new Sherman Shop forum. Sorry I wasn't aware of the Sherman GB you've got going or I would have entered it. Maybe next time.

Since Catherine can get around better now i've been able to spend some quality time at the bench as you can see.

Wonder what was stored under there with those straps?????

Pretty nice kit to be as old as it is.
Have a good one
Tony lee

(y) Looking good Tony, have that same kit half done here, and as you say it´s a nice kit for it´s age.
//Mats

Here's a simplistic answer. You don't think that's how the gun crew loaded and fired it ?

Curious to see it in the firing position :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Pup the tools are laid out on the engine deck between the intake grills.

Christian is this helpful?

Gatto, James and Mike
Thank You

Tony lee :)

Cant find any pictures Tony. But could that be where tentage or tarp is stored? Didnt these have a tarp over hoops for the fighting compartment?
James

Tony i haven't posted any pics of my build, i had it with when we attended shows and build there so not much pics, getting close to painting though, so nice to see yours painted up! gives me motivation to get back to it again :)
//Mats

Yeah James I looked for photos too and found nothing. Out of all the picture I only found two with the tarp racks in place but no tarp over them.
If it was stored under there it would have been covered with dirt and mud and that may be the reason for no photos.

Matts this morning I mixed Tamiya OD,Dark Yellow and Desert Yellow and added the fade effect to break up all that dark OD.
The overhead shot shows the fade the best:

What did they do hang the whole shootin match on a hook and dip em in OD?

What do you think, Better,Worse or Too Much/Not Enough?
Thanks
Tony lee

Howdy
Took a paint fume break today and fixed my short AFV Club Barrel so I won't have to fool with it when I
build the M40.
This is a well known error by AFV and is mentioned in just about every M40 build blog on the net.
It takes a 4.5mm spacer at the rear and a 4mm spacer in the middle barrel band.
Example:

My effort:

Another thin film of filler should smooth it right up and it will be ready when the time comes.

See You Tomorrow
Tony lee :D

Love it,..

I have 2 books on the subject of US SPGs and none of them show what storage was present ,if any, under the spade I certainly see the hoops on a few pics but no tents but I suppose that the following M30 Ammo carriers which accompanied the M12s could have had them ?

Andy that's why I went ahead and put the straps under there. Photos showed them but nothing ever stored there.?????

Thanks for looking through your books anyway.
Tony lee

Back