• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'A Day at the Races'

'A Day at the Races' - Jus' throwin' it out there

Nice. I've looked at some of the Slixx sheets for this kit. My plan is to go w/ the kit decals since that's what I used the first time I built it, I just hope they don't shatter on me when it's time to apply them. I plan on spraying them w/ some clear prior to application to help prevent them coming apart.

I have kit too Adam with Slixx decals !

Ian.

Hey Adam, good to see you again! Micro makes a decal coating that you might try as it acts like the clear carrier part of the decal. Might work better than a clear paint coat as that could still shatter.

when ever this gets started I would like to see if the "Space Race" would be allowed and for that I would be entering this.

it is something I bought used off of Ebay. If not I just put it someplace else.

New York to Paris race?

h0728c4e.jpg

h7c9e13a.jpg

h2cc2f3b.jpg

B)

That would be different also. Not to mention cool.

when ever this gets started I would like to see if the "Space Race" would be allowed and for that I would be entering this.

it is something I bought used off of Ebay. If not I just put it someplace else.

I understand your reasoning, Paul but have to say it's outside the 'spirit' of what I've proposed. Great subject but not this Campaign, sir.

Ian.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Hannibal 8 but alas no kits ever made.

h788fd14.jpg

:bang head

To many ideas in my head for this! :bang head

:blink

Thought about going crazy and trying something like this
017~5.jpg

Or a long nose Mustang
drag7.jpg

Or a Street Roadster
111~2.jpg

Or this version
2063_n.jpg

Or a T-bolt
2156_n.jpg

I think I've got everything to build this Model T Pikes Peak hill climb car
Bullock1922_zpsedccadef.jpg

I could do my Dad's drag car
DadsRoadster1960005.jpg

:hmmm

going to have to do some thinking.

Go man,go! What ever you choose will be cool.

I don't know why but I was reading about the Pikes Peak thing the other day.

Dad's Dragster would be the ultimate cool! (y)

I went and dug around my stash and then almost lost control with this subject while checking out EBay

Here is what I have been going back and forth on with my kits. Now with my time getting limited for the near future, not sure where to go.

My first plan was a diorama of progression of old race cars put out to rot as new cars took their place. I'm still toying with idea. I was just thinking a gasser to stock to old Pro stocks would be kinda cool as I have most of the kits to get it across

CS_600.jpg

CS_602.jpg

CS_609.jpg

CS_608.jpg

Then after checking the stash I found some dragsters and then I bought a rear engine dragster frame off eBay and I could do the same thing but less kits used.

CS_605.jpg

CS_603.jpg

I haven't forgotten about this campaign and I'm really thinking out loud :facepalm

OK, we have lots of entries, but not much action. Fire up those builds!
:frantic
:drinks

I think I'm going to go dig out the Opel Astra DTM car I know I started to see if it's still early enough in the build (I think it is) for inclusion here. I think I may have washed parts and glued a couple pieces together. I don't think I've even started painting anything yet. It'd be nice to get another shelf queen out of the way.

Back