• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'A Day at the Races'

'A Day at the Races' - Jus' throwin' it out there

After a quick online search at Hobby Lobby- this one caught my eye and with a 40% off coupon it is just the right price ;)
h1019f42.jpg

I'll get the forum created today. Seems a lot of interest in this so let's git'er done.

THANK YOU !!!!!

As I said, I'm happy to mod it and keep the energy level up (like a terrier snapping at your heels).

Time -line.... how about until the end of the year, 31st December ???? - short & intense like a quarter-mile drag race.
Ribbon - A simple checkered flag with '2018' on it ????

Ian.

My two...

hc091858.jpg

h994d67c.jpg

Kits by Tamiya & Revell respectively.

Ian.

That's the spirit, gentlemen....
:drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks

Ian.

I know I've got at least dozen racecars in the closet...just not sure if I'll have the time to do one. It's on the radar, and if things slow down and I can knock one out in a couple weeks I'll jump in. Unfortunately I also lost my compressor this past weekend...so I'm currently w/o air power for the airbrush for a bit.

A couple unique ones.....
IMSA Mustang
1979 Daytona 24HR RX-7
Casey Luna Ford Sprint Car

All of them look very interesting - if I had them in my stash I'm not sure if I could choose between the Mazda & the Mustang !

Ian.

I'm interested but nothing in the stash. I'll see if I can find something that peaks my interest.

Great stuff... Really enjoying the response to this proposal, hope we can get it kicked-off very soon.

Ian.

Man those guys "had a set" to get in those contraptions.

Man those guys "had a set" to get in those contraptions.

sitting in a tube with a pair of wings and the most powerful engine you can find, strap on some floats and then go barreling down the water between 100 and 340 mph, I'd hate to hit the water at the speed!!

I don't think you would ever see races quite like that these days! i find it interesting that a lot of the designs from WWII aircraft began with the Schneider Trophy racers.

I think I can get in on this one.

I have this kit:

hwc.jpg

to do this car.

3673398867_1000f4f696_b_zpsb3c67025.jpg

I built this kit when I was about 16 and have been wanting to do it again for a long time. Still have the first one and it's actually in pretty decent shape still, but I'd like to think I could do a better job of it now.

I have kit too Adam with Slixx decals !

Ian.

Forum created, Startdate is "Now"

Git'er done... :dude

Back