• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

65 Chevy Stepside * *D O N E* *

65 Chevy Stepside

Looking good. The distributer looks the part. I will say though that since I started using 1 pound fishing line for ignition leads I am sold as they are flexible and less likely to snap off. Looking forward to more.
James

65 Chevy Stepside

Thanks folks, appreciate the kind words.

Unfortunately I left it behind when I took it as a WiP to the show at the weekend :facepalm .
My mate Gary (another Brit here in NZ), found it and is holding it hostage to maximise the 'let's make Ian look stupid' factor and that's fine (it's the British way, to take-the-p*ss out of your mates).

So until it arrives back here in not-so-sunny Lepperton then obviously no work is going to happen. Think I might start one of those Ferrari's I've bought recently....

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Moved from the 'Cargo Haulers' Campaign and moved back to the bench:

hc6271d9.jpg

h5bebf86.jpg

Ready for it's first colour.

h19ab382.jpg

h210d2ec.jpg

After one light misted coat from the bottom to top.

h916dbc4.jpg

h99c3337.jpg

Second coat from top to bottom. Looking a little deeper now but will definitely need two more light coats after I've gently rubbed this back (dust really does get everywhere !).

More soon.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Now that is NICE! I learned to drive on a Chevy P10, bit earlier than that one though, a '59. I was 13 and the pickup belonged to my grandpaw. Out in the boonies nobody created a fuss about a kid in a pickup. :laugh:

65 Chevy Stepside

The paint work is really looking nice Ian! A good gloss paint job isn't easy but when done right it sure looks nice. I also like the color choice. (y) (y)

65 Chevy Stepside

Thanks folks appreciate the comments - next step will be to post-shade the bonnet (US = hood) and the tops of the rear fenders to simulate sun-bleaching, maybe re-apply some primer spots to give the paintwork a more 'distressed' look once I'm done with that I'll mask & spray the cab white.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Third and final coat of green and white cab.

h82a8666.jpg

hb104919.jpg

More next week.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Good color on that body (y)

Thanks Jeff - I was going for 'mundane' but of the period... think I got close. The effect should look better when I get the decals on the doors, and scuff-up the bed etc.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Paint, decals and clear done. Probably won't polish it as I want a 'used' look, it's a blue collar shop-truck not a 'showroom' model.

hf6f628a.jpg

h37eda70.jpg

h9bb81d5.jpg

h53f3f48.jpg

Next I'll do a little more weathering - stains, rust and primer etc. Then final assembly.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

65 Chevy Stepside

Nice!
I remember my Dad coming by during the summer and loading all the kids up on the back of that pickup to go get ice cream. Seemed I always got a splinter from the wood in the bed, my luck I guess. :rotf

Back