• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2018 Plastic Surgeon's Club meetings

I like the wheeled HE-51! :good:
Nate put a LOT of research into the vents & flow of staining on the B-17G. He INSISTS he used the correct green. :hmmm
We attended the 13 December 2018 Surgeon meeting. The next meeting is our Christmas party on 27 December.

h8bc7707.JPG

h927d7a3.JPG

hdf7c69d.JPG

Nate Stevens had quite a tutorial to share about painting automotive clear coats on model car bodies. He paints 1/1 scale cars for his livelihood. He's a skilled & interesting Man. Nate comments he always wanted an Orange Charger without a Rebel flag on the roof. I liked the blue Cougar Eliminator the best!

h906fb33.JPG

h9bf413c.JPG

Don & Kurt look on with interest. I would comment the camera LOVES Kurt Young. One of the Club's plank-owners.

h4f4c8d0.JPG

Ross Petra's 8-tonner with Joe Lotz' AMX-10 French wheeled tank destroyer/Recon vehicle.
h3c9c0fe.JPG

Ross tell about the details of the DML 1/35 scale kit.

hb16731b.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLkcfkHW9lI
See?!

h39abaf5.JPG

Eggknobs & Inksticks makes spin-tops too! This one is mine! Hold the Ring, Pull the string & let 'er rip!
What fun it was to watch our inquisitive, analytical members try to make a cool, old-school, child's toy go!
:rotf
h863e422.JPG

h5ab97b1.JPG

h85f147e.JPG

Don's SS Cavalryman is coming along very nicely. For just a minute I thought Don had made John Wayne's Horse, Dollor for his figure.

h7654f50.jpg

The white socks aren't quite right for Dollor. Still.............

That's all for now. Thanks for looking in and being part of our fun!
:eek:ldguy
:pilot
:salute

Not everyday you see a plastic horse and French armor at the same time.

Very diverse bunch (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

PLASTIC SURGEONS CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!
27 December 2018. Old Chicago, Ankeny Iowa.
Old Chicago gets a HUGE thumbs down for assigning just one server to our group of 30 plus. Service was GLACIAL, both beverage and food service. Little Cambri (our server) did her singular best.
Price was high, food quality was almost not too bad.

The camaraderie was what you expect from our Merry Band, with gift exchange to add to the fun!

hd7f3220.JPG

he9cd402.JPG

h29e8669.JPG

h3ad9d72.JPG

h29e8669_2018-12-29.JPG

ha0e4d3a.JPG

I took a few group pictures. We missed our most vintage members, Webb Groos, and one of our former club Presidents, Rodney Shackleford.

h705740f.JPG

"HI Mike" club picture!

h429f602.JPG

We didn't see any Pink Heffalumps.......

h06cb069.JPG

There were a couple of shocking pink Surgeons!
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year to ALL!

Thanks for looking in!
Signing off this 2018 Surgeon meeting thread.

Hi Guys! Merry Christmas and Happy Gnu Ears! :mpup :drinks

No pink heffalumps? Any woozles?

Is that a man bun, Joe?

h29e8669.JPG

:rotf Just an optical illusion.

:drinks

Poor Ross was forced to For go his usual HefeweiBen. I should think Boulevard Wheat a poor substitute. :sick:

Excellent party.
Tell everyone Hello from the great white north.
Hope to see everyone at the HOPE IT DON'T SNOW show first weekend in February.
Frank
:Hiay :Hiay

Back