• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 Revell USS CONSTITUTION on the slipways (wip)

Oh they were painted black? I didn't realize that, hell don't listen to me, I don't know what I'm talking about. :facepalm

Lol Bob, don't fret it. After all your the Admiral and can't be bothered by the small things. :captain

Those guns got to hot lol. Either just close those ports or if I remember there might have been 2 extra of the large cannon that were meant to be lashed to the forecastle deck ? Look through the instructions to see.

Tim

Those guns got to hot lol. Either just close those ports or if I remember there might have been 2 extra of the large cannon that were meant to be lashed to the forecastle deck ? Look through the instructions to see.

Tim

From what I gather there's 33 of them & one goes on the Forecastle. Don't think there's extras but, will go thru the instructions again. May try some hot water & see if that works. If not, then I may just close the hatches on those two... I gots lots o time to decide... :drinks

Having just gone through the warped plastic woes myself recently, get a thermometer and heat water to 180-185 F I found that hotter makes parts go to weird shapes real fast. Start with 4 seconds and if that doesn't work add a second or two at a time until you can "just" make it bend to where you want it. Then running cold water over it while holding it in position usually locks it in place.

You mogh experiment on a couple of pieces of scrap sprue first as well. Use a pair of long tweezers to swirl the part in the water then while it will be warm it shouldn't be too hot and you can shape it with your fingers.

Hope that helps.

I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you because you are either crazy or brave to tackle that build ...... Maybe a little of both. Watching with interest :skipper

I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you because you are either crazy or brave to tackle that build ...... Maybe a little of both. Watching with interest :skipper

Yes, I is Crazy!! :gogo :gogo :gogo Brave? :hmmm :idonno Just crazy :D I did a similar build back in 1976 of the Cutty Sark and it came without instructions!! :eek:hmy: :S course, I was what, 11 yrs old & didn't even think of contacting the company for another set... I just borrowed library books & built from the pics.

I dunno what ever happened to that kit but, always wanted to try another one (y) So, I'm taking it nice & slow on this one

Awesome Build so far Looking Forward to see this, I just got this kit Free form a Friend who bought it but realized it was Above his Skills he told me lol :geek

Awesome Build so far Looking Forward to see this, I just got this kit Free form a Friend who bought it but realized it was Above his Skills he told me lol :geek

I got this ffrom a friend too & for the same reason!! LoL!! (y) I need to get back on this before too long... :blush:

Back