• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 Revell USS CONSTITUTION on the slipways (wip)

Thanks James :good: Hope you enjoy this... :beer

As I go along assembling the cannons, I'm placing them in empty med bottles & placing tape on them with part # which helps keep the small parts together until they are needed :eek:hyeah

Ok, I got bored so, started painting the gun deck hatch covers...

hc3a413d.jpg

h5541f3a.jpg

More pics will be posted in due time... :D :drunk

In the slipways, should make rigging much more easy. :popcorn
The rigging is gonna be a nightmare :evil: :evil:
Last time I did a 1/96 was the Cutty Sark in 1976 and had no instructions :gogo

Boy, that's about the last time I built a sail ship .

For some reason, my sail ships and cats do not get along. No matter how high the shelve is on the wall :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Your cats like to play Master & Commander ay? :bat My cat is good about keeping an eye on my kits & is very careful around them. It's like he "Knows" not to mess with them :mpup

Here's another pic I took using the digi cam on the new tripod... :D

h70f27b1.JPG

Ok, I needta work on taking pics :facepalm

My wife calls a bunch of anything a "pile", including water :blink
But I say you can't have to many cannon. Especially on an American Revolutionary War frigate :good:

Tim

They'll be right painted black.

There is a video on youtube showing how the large gundeck cannons were fired on the ship. It's nice because you can clearly see how the guns were rigged.

Tim

They'll be right painted black.

There is a video on youtube showing how the large gundeck cannons were fired on the ship. It's nice because you can clearly see how the guns were rigged.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll have to check that out! B) I was just lookin' thru my paints & I have gunmetal... Would that work?

Thanks Tim, I'll have to check that out! B) I was just lookin' thru my paints & I have gunmetal... Would that work?[/quote]

Hi Ed, The real ones were painted black and like bob stated black has many different shades so gunmetal will work fine.
This pic is of some cannon painted up, I did these barrels using gunmetal.

h036c102_2015-02-05.jpg

Oh they were painted black? I didn't realize that, hell don't listen to me, I don't know what I'm talking about. :facepalm

Thanks Tim, I'll have to check that out! B) I was just lookin' thru my paints & I have gunmetal... Would that work?

Hi Ed, The real ones were painted black and like bob stated black has many different shades so gunmetal will work fine.
This pic is of some cannon painted up, I did these barrels using gunmetal.

h036c102_2015-02-05.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks. Nice pic too! (y)

Managed to get the 33 Large cannons glued togeether & cleaned up the seams but, seems 2 of them are FUBAR :pinch:
ANybody know where I can get some replacements??

h8722ecf.JPG

h85b75b3.JPG

h63fb0d4.JPG

h749ed39.JPG

I'll hit these with some Gunmetal over the next few days...
Thanks for looking.

Back