• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

They are calling them F-4E's, USAF Birds. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Are the Starfighter Decals F-4's nice?
Does this link Help?
http://www.shapeways.com/product/WRHMQ8X2B/1-542-f-4e-phantom-ii-x12?li=shop-results&optionId=42144545

Those look great ...... Looks like the Sara refit may be back on soon as I can find about $75 ..... Extra ...... Thanks Rhino ...... :captain

Thanks Rhino ... Appreciate it ... I would like to do a back date of Sara to the Vietnam cruise.... :captain

Send 'em Hippy, I'll do you proud! I'm "stuck" anyhow! Message me for my addy!
It's not wise to tease The Rhino!" So many good ship models are deterred by their less than precise air-jets.

Send 'em Hippy, I'll do you proud! I'm "stuck" anyhow! Message me for my addy!
It's not wise to tease The Rhino!" So many good ship models are deterred by their less than precise air-jets.

Thanks Rhino, It'll be a spell before I get around to buildin' my 1/700 bird farms. I do fairly decent on them itty-bitty birds if I say so myself & appreciate the offer but, can't afford the postage at the moment. :blush: :bang head

Rudimentary landing gear legs on 2 of the A2-J Savages. I've cleverly discovered that if you use a #80 drill bit to drill out the jet exhaust in the tail of the Savages, they get a might brittle.
IMG_3554.JPG

.. Causing an Operational loss of 1 of my 6 A2-J's. :bang head
IMG_3555.JPG

I decided flat white would be too stark, in this scale for undersides of the P6-M's, so I mixed up 1 drop of white with 2 drops of gull gray. Both SeaMasters, and one of the Backfires get their bellies painted!
IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3557.JPG

As did the USN A-12 Avenger II's. :pilot
IMG_3558.JPG

I had some gray left over, so good old Buck Rogers got his 1/285 Starfighter sprayed as well! It's a "Sponge" like the P8-A was, but, you have to start somewhere! :drinks
IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

Youse mugs and dees fuzzy photos are killing me!

Edward_G__Robinson.jpg

Taking a wider shot, then cropping works wonders. All the detail will still be there and we'll be able to see your work. (This pertains to several members, if the shoe fits...) B)

:drinks

Chris, I have no idea what you're up to but at this rate you will catch up to the Duke soon. :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I have no plan to catch up with The Duke!
I chose a different procedure for incoming 3D printed stuff. I decided a more generous coating of Future may be wiser, to begin with. So, I HOSED 'Em DOWN!
IMG_3669.JPG

Find, pictured, 4 F-106A Delta Darts, 2 surviving AJ-2 Savages, 3 Rocketeer helmets & Rocket packs, 2 Predator Helmets, and 1 US Volunteer Cavalry hat, for Lego Mini-Figures. I may have been overly enthusiastic about 3D printed stuff. It's a pain to sand out the print layers, and not everything arrives in one piece.
IMG_3660.JPG

This USS John Rogers, of Starship Troopers fame, arrived, snapped in 3 pieces. It cost $27.00. No offer of recompense has been made. I do break off the scale-thickness parts of some 3D models when I sand & clear coat. :bang head I was severely bummed to have a treasured Movie Vessel arrive pre-snapped. :bat
I think I'll try to make me a regular model, and shelf all this bitty stuff for a while. I have NO idea where USAF markings might come from for the Delta Darts. Mah hypocrisy only goes so fah!

oh! I forgot the game-scale Telgar Frigate space ship! Kinda cool! Came in 1 piece too! :yipee

Who did you order the Roberts from? My orders from Shapeways have always been packed very well.

Shapeways, however it came in a too-small bubble-baggie, that fairly screamed "Schmush me, break me!" in a box of packing peanuts.
IMG_3668.JPG

Whaddya gonna do?

When I decal these little Airplanes, I dip the bitty decal, then put a drop of water on the Jet, and wait for the decal to float off the paper. :zen
IMG_4215.JPG

I'm using Loren Perry's Gold Medal Models 1/700 aircraft markings sheet. Float the decal into place, and remove the excess (?!?) water with a q-tip. These decals respond well to a smidgeon of Solva-Set. Soak up excess Solva-Set with a Q-tip too. Just a bit is enough! :smack
IMG_4215.JPG

I'm calling the Victor Bomber done, until I find a suitable Fin Flash. The Tiger Squadron markings on the EE Lightnings are hand painted. The decals are the Gold Medal ones. Keen-o!!
IMG_4219.JPG

No Operation Grandby decals in this scale. dots of pale blue & old rose Valejo paint will have to do. :pilot
IMG_4220.JPG

I like to decal the best. It brings life to even the smallest model!! :eek:ldguy

Wow , definitely small . I'm guessing I could hide the world's entire air forces in my plastic tool box :idonno

Would that make it a stealth force ? :rotf

At this rate the decal softener could last a lifetime .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back