• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48th Bandai King Tiger

h41ed80f.jpg

h4910e47.JPG

Thanks!! I was wondering about the access panels on the bottom. I have 2 pics. One of a destroyed KT and one of a model. Both shoe an open hatch under the radio operator. Should I open this as well. Gary S.

Umm, is that Eisenhower in the photo? Looks like it might be. :hmmm

Neat photo! Also shows how thin the belly plate is. Not real thick at all.

Yep that's open. :rotf

Gotta wonder if the crew opened it when they got knocked out or if someone did it later during inspection but it's clear from both the photo and the kit that's what it is.

Yep that's open. :rotf

Gotta wonder if the crew opened it when they got knocked out or if someone did it later during inspection but it's clear from both the photo and the kit that's what it is.

Is your model like that? Is it in front of the R/O seat? Gary S.

Thanks, I have a cover made for it already to be installed during lunch break. I cut them out from index cards. Good enough. I have a blunt hypo needle to imprint screw heads. Thanks Gary S.

he68a281.JPG

Made a batch combining acrylic craft paint with talc powder to made a paste for the zimmerett. After a few trials with different small combs, I think it's coming out ok. Not finished yet. Gary S.

I would think that the hatch opens internally, and that the latch mechanism is internal as well, in order to keep the underside as smooth as possible. You may want to look at internal pics to verify.

Every time I think I want to build a tank with an interior I start looking at what youse-guys are going thru and reconsider. Neat work tho!

hb75309f.JPG

hbcb6493.JPG

Back on the bench after a year and a half of doing other projects. More work done on applying the zimmerette.
Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back