• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell B-24D Fuselage Closed

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Six

Well a brief update is in order.

The time is here to throw a bit of paint at the white pieces. My normal is a black under coat and then the main color. I did some research and found that Liberators had a mix of colors but a couple of sources show Dull Dark Green for the forward sections, Aluminium for the bomb bay, and Interior Green for the aft sections. I went with this.

Rbg6leN.jpg

Then the detail painting began.

ENaGwtf.jpg

GanWm9z.jpg

7HKbzS3.jpg

DaxC5SU.jpg

RT93XHM.jpg

4o32DZn.jpg

I threw some dry brushing on as well to give it just a bit of wear.

Like I said just a brief update but turning a corner.

Next will be to continue to permanently attach the detail pieces.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Maybe for future reference.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/02/stuff_eng_interior_colours_us_part2.htm

:popcorn

One again you've managed to capture the realism far beyond whatever I believe was possible. Way to go Joe!

You are all very kind. Thank you.

MP thanks. Sometimes I can get lost in the amount of information out there.

Joe

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Seven

How about a very brief update.

The interior of the Revell 1/48 B-24D is near complete. Just a couple of tidy up type of things to do. I have also finished off the wings. Still a ways to go but closer to the end than the beginning at this point.

qBe0Uoa.jpg

teQO677.jpg

And now a bit of news. Beginning this update pictures will be minimal. I spoke at length to a magazine editor recently and he is interested in this build. I am allowed to show teasers but not the whole shooting match. I agreed to this and am honored he likes my work.

All comments, critiques, and criticism encouraged.

Joe

Just a brief update on the 1/48 Revell B-24D.

The fuselage is closed and the wings are there but not glued, maybe not at all. Only real issues have been with the tail. I have split the lower section four times and the upper twice.

8Q7fVpQ.jpg

sN6xgy1.jpg

More to come.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Back