• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell B-24D Fuselage Closed

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Two

Ok, how about a brief update.

Now although it may not look like it there is some progress. Work is continuing on the interior details and the placement. Of the work so far the focus has been on the cockpit, the nav station, and the radio equipment. A little has been accomplished in the bombadier station.

For this update let me let the pictures tell the story. Remembering all that is kit is the Gray plastic while all else is from myself.

J6t8CCd.jpg

659kXqU.jpg

G6pj8oc.jpg

Now the third image is the radio set and that even since the picture was taken has changed a bit. More on the next update.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

What bombsight is that supposed to be Paul? Those seats look great. :good:

MP that is my rendition of the Norden bomb sight. Not perfect by any stretch but it will work for this build.

Joe

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Three

And an update on the 1/48 Revell B-24D.

I had to make a decision about the nose gear assembly. The kit part looked more like a blob of plastic that held the actual gear. It just didnt look right compared to the pictures and drawings that I have found. Out came the spare stuff and this is the result.

bhdKqTK.jpg

Also the time has come to bring out the Dremmel and begin to make some rather large holes.

WdN0M3p.jpg

8Optubk.jpg

YRISvDV.jpg

sZdCsPU.jpg

Most has been cleaned up and you can see just what the holes show now. Pretty satisfied for sure. Next is to try to get myself to focus on working on the details. To be honest this has been a struggle as of late.

All comments, critique, and criticism is encouraged.

Joe

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Four

Ok just a brief update to show some of what has been occupying my time.

A great deal of time seems to have been spent trying to get the SCR 274 as close as I can to what I have found in pictures. To that end it has been worked and reworked a number of times.

Lets take a look at what may be the final layout of the equipment. Now remember there is still the wiring to add as well as painting and permanent installation.

jmIAYFO.jpg

AY48JGy.jpg

0rlMWzm.jpg

o8AmSEu.jpg

And a quick glimpse of the main radio for the aircraft, the Bomb release panel from the Bombardier station, and finally part of the IFF system that sits under the Navigator station. (Left to right)

b5LvBW8.jpg

For now that is it.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Four

Wow! Incredible work. I wish my grandfather who was a Bombadier on B24Js was still alive to see this. He would have been very impressed.

Cheers,
James

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Five

Ok how about another overview as the work continues for the B-24D by Revell. Again remembering that the kit parts are in gray and the rest are my additions from styrene bits and bobs.

As I move forward on this something that has really caught me is how it seems to be coming together. For this update some small parts such as the inter plane communication boxes and the heaters to larger things like the plumbing and wiring. For this update I again mocked up much of what I have minus the O2 bottles, some of the walkway, and some of the plumbing.

qXdz3mL.jpg

QNjRood.jpg

Jtvu0dJ.jpg

A1G1oMN.jpg

new9EcC.jpg

LOWEBOm.jpg

Z60MHF1.jpg

OoMBee5.jpg

OBJJPr4.jpg

I am sharing two sets of images. One is showing what will be seen through the cuts and the other just focuses on the detail itself.

I still have work to do on the interior. More walkways, plumbing, and some smaller details however it is coming together.

Many thanks for all the kindness shown to this build and your very kind comments. I am both honored and humbled.

Please all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/48 Revell B-24D Interior Part Five

More magnificent work Joe! That is looking more and more like a B-24 with each update.

Back