• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger MiniArt building contruction

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger

Aren't you glad we didn't meet up for the great Yankee Meet and Greet? I tell ya I wonder if I didn't have it that weekend.

Looks great Dr John!

That head on shot is very intimidating. :soldier

I have mixed feelings about not meeting up, but I am glad you are better!

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger

Aren't you glad we didn't meet up for the great Yankee Meet and Greet? I tell ya I wonder if I didn't have it that weekend.

Looks great Dr John!

That head on shot is very intimidating. :soldier

I have mixed feelings about it not meeting up, but I am glad you are better!

I know, same here but you guys would have gotten sick. Everyone on the crew I was working with got sick and one guy is still sick. :sick:

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger

Working on the Base for the JT. Using a slightly modified MiniArt Ruined Village House Kit.

N1xIWIV.jpg

MBSyFWi.jpg

LaPLKQk.jpg

BTW these are all iPhone photos!

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger

B) Looks fantastic John...even the butt! :laugh:

Love the grey barrel - nice touch. :good:

Be careful not to trade-off your own unique style though when using a different process. I know you are trying out a different method but even though it looks great, it does not look like a JS model to me. I would have been even more impressed if you had kept more of your special style incorporated with the B&W methodology.
Just my thoughts .....not trying to be negative just observant. :unsure: :smack
Ian.

1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger

B) Looks fantastic John...even the butt! :laugh:

Love the grey barrel - nice touch. :good:

Be careful not to trade-off your own unique style though when using a different process. I know you are trying out a different method but even though it looks great, it does not look like a JS model to me. I would have been even more impressed if you had kept more of your special style incorporated with the B&W methodology.
Just my thoughts .....not trying to be negative just observant. :unsure: :smack
Ian.

Interesting. I am not sure my typical post shading style actually would work with the B&W technique. I think it would obliterate any of the underlying effects. I have done a couple this way, and I like it. I will do the next one "Old School" and see what kind of difference there is!

:soldier

A bit more progress to show. First up I have added nails and nail holes to the roof. The nails are made from stretches sprue, the head formed by pressing a cut end to a low heat source.
0F5F5C73-429B-4B6C-AB14-7E53884D04DF.jpeg
479702D3-CD0C-4E4B-9EA9-FCEABFE34552.jpeg

Attachments

• E6D8CE3D-D301-4C7E-853B-85492EC6CF51.jpeg
    E6D8CE3D-D301-4C7E-853B-85492EC6CF51.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DDCEAFC3-F00D-4CB9-A4CA-E030E5DE3491.jpeg
    DDCEAFC3-F00D-4CB9-A4CA-E030E5DE3491.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 18
Back